Classical Guitar Shed: tutorial site for your pleasure

Under this heading you can announce your own events and work products, including the publications of books, magazines, sheet music, CDs, videos, guitars you build, professional events like shows, training courses, festivals and competitions. Any member of the forum who wishes, may open a thread in this forum (but only one) using his/her name for the promotion of their efforts without limitation on the number of posts.
allenmathews

Classical Guitar Shed: tutorial site for your pleasure

Post by allenmathews » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:48 am

Hi there,
I'm Allen Mathews, and I'd like to invite you to stop by https://www.classicalguitarshed.com some time when you're out cruising the web.
The site has classical guitar tutorials, articles, and such, and I also go deep into pieces (practice suggestions, phrasing, other considerations). There are also many free resources and lots to read and watch. And I try to make it entertaining.

Thanks much,
Allen

tateharmann

Re: Classical Guitar Shed: tutorial site for your pleasure

Post by tateharmann » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Hi Allen,
Nice to see you here! I've been enjoying your YT videos since way back haha :)

Welcome and thanks for the fine resource :)
"One should always eat muffins quite calmly. It is the only way to eat them."

Esteve77

Post by Esteve77 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:05 am

I too have watched a few of your videos. I feel you have put some good time and attention into them!

Debussychopin

Post by Debussychopin » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:50 pm

Thanks Allen , I learned how to alternate right hand fingers from you. Properly.
I go to school and in my class, no kidding, everyone has all awkward and strange ways of 'plucking' . The teacher never really taught the class this basic fundamental but important aspect. I am so glad I came across your video before I started my class this semester and my foray into guitar.

Yamaha GL1

David Gutowski

Post by David Gutowski » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:58 am

Hello Allen...I have learned a lot from watching your videos and instruction and I wanted to make a comment. I just watched the video about conversing and having a dialogue with yourself as you go through a piece; telling and talking to yourself about how you're playing and where you're going on the fret board and basically what you're doing or going to do step by step. It was difficult at first because I'm not used to talking to myself and my wife kept interrupting me thinking I was talking to her, but I got used to it and, I want to tell you, it really helps. When I read, I say the words to myself in my head-I'm not a sight reader, so it does make since to talk to yourself out loud about each step you're playing and even the notes. I would be curious to know how you figured that out or where you got the idea from...it's brilliant. Also, I never really thought about slowing down when I'm playing, I mean really slowing down, and this is helped tremendously. Your sincerity and friendliness comes across in such a nice way it helps to relax and enjoy playing with a lot less pressure and stress. Thank you Allen, you're making what was rapidly becoming an unmanageable obsession into something now very enjoyable and I'm making good progress.
David V. :casque:
3 hard things for humans: dentist visit, public speaking, offering forgiveness.

Muse: chg pitch measure rhym feel tempo improvise melody harmonize arpeggios stucco your legato & practice

Carrillo Concert
Yulong Chamber '17
Bozo 123

Whiteagle

Post by Whiteagle » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:01 pm

I find your newsletter really helpful. You offer great resources.

andries veldhuis

Post by andries veldhuis » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:33 pm

Very clear tutorial, I learn a lot.

ama760

Post by ama760 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:17 am

I have an outstanding local teacher and I have a live class with him every week. He’s amazing. I also frequently look at Allen Mathew’s you tube tutorials and I have also signed up and paid for some of his tutorials. A guitar student can never have to many resources, I suppose, but for me, these two resources are enough, because I trust my teacher and I trust Allen. He emphasizes the importance of playing the guitar beautifully, and he teaches how to do it. He is more than generous with his tutorials. There is more free material on his website and on YouTube than any one person would have time to view. Furthermore, I rarely hear him trying to sell his website with his free videos, unlike other similar websites. I find that to be very annoying and distracting. Allen just feels very genuine and his passion for teaching is obvious. He is very easy to like.

Return to “Members' Announcements”