Anon. - Menuet - D01 Video

Audio and video recordings of works from the renaissance to the baroque period, from 1530 to 1760 (e.g. Dowland, Sanz, Weiss).
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - catalogue no. Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Scarlatti, Domenico - K001 Sonata - D08 Video
or Losy, J. A. - Gigue in A minor - D04 (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or Anon. - Drewries Accordes - Duo (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Christopher Langley
Student of the online lessons

Anon. - Menuet - D01 Video

Post by Christopher Langley » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:24 pm

Getting ready for the exam. :merci:
Listening for the hooves of a rescue party

ernandez R

Re: Anon. - Menuet - D01 Video

Post by ernandez R » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:11 am

It's too late to listen but I will tomorrow.

But dude! You trimmed up! I shaved my beard off last month... I still have my pony tail though. A lot of gray...

Strung up,my forth tonigh but waiting till tomorrow to tension up,the strings. You know it's killing me to sit here and not just wind her up mad make noise!

Later,

Rocket

Ha ha haaa thought I was in PM, must be getting late ;)
I hate sanding wood or anything else for that matter I just happen to be good at it...

ernandez R

Post by ernandez R » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:33 am

Chris,

Been busy plying #4

Vary nice playing. I like that one a lot. How long have you been working on it!

Ok, here is my critique: just slow it down a hair and let those notes sing a touch longer. Tic tic tic tic... nope not the crocodile but the bane of all who like to fresttyle: the metranome. Time to make your piece with the little clicking deamon! Show it who is boss and play that piece SSLLLOOOOWWWWW....

IM STILL AMAZed how well you get her to sing all flesh.

I'm still not brave enough to play publicly.

HR
I hate sanding wood or anything else for that matter I just happen to be good at it...

Christopher Langley
Student of the online lessons

Post by Christopher Langley » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:37 am

ernandez R wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:33 am
Chris,

Been busy plying #4

Vary nice playing. I like that one a lot. How long have you been working on it!

Ok, here is my critique: just slow it down a hair and let those notes sing a touch longer. Tic tic tic tic... nope not the crocodile but the bane of all who like to fresttyle: the metranome. Time to make your piece with the little clicking deamon! Show it who is boss and play that piece SSLLLOOOOWWWWW....

IM STILL AMAZed how well you get her to sing all flesh.

I'm still not brave enough to play publicly.

HR
Rocket,

I like this one too.

Spent a few days getting it memorized. The repeats make it seem a little beefier than it actually is. A neat trick.

I totally agree that I have developed a bad tendency towards rushing.. But I also try to just let myself play however I feel in the moment. It starts feeling like work otherwise. I try to keep it fun.

I'll try to slow it down and see what I get. Maybe the metronome is the answer. I'll give it another try as you suggest.

As far as my decent all flesh tone.. Comes from playing rest strokes. It shocks me too sometimes. Good thing I'm happy with it because I don't care for having nails much at all.
Listening for the hooves of a rescue party

Return to “Our recordings of Early music”