Anon. - Scarborough Fair - D04 Video

Audio and video recordings of works from the renaissance to the baroque period, from 1530 to 1760 (e.g. Dowland, Sanz, Weiss).
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - catalogue no. Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Scarlatti, Domenico - K001 Sonata - D08 Video
or Losy, J. A. - Gigue in A minor - D04 (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or Anon. - Drewries Accordes - Duo (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
licaptn

Re: Anon. - Scarborough Fair - D04 Video

Post by licaptn » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:01 pm

Very pretty arrangement and played sweetly, Professor. I really enjoyed listening.

Thank you,

licaptn

:bravo: :merci:

SteveStarr

Post by SteveStarr » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:15 pm

I printed out the tab at lunchtime and have started to work on it this evening, a beautiful piece and beautifully played on the audio/video.
I am loving it here after only one day
Steve

Stewart Doyle
Student of the online lessons

Post by Stewart Doyle » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:10 pm

Beautifully arranged and played. I live about an hour away from Scarborough and as the wind and rain pounds at my windows I'm sure it is far from serene in Scarborough at the moment but your music evokes memories of summer and the beautiful countryside.
I am just starting the D02 lessons so must resist the temptation to find the arrangement for this. Perhaps for a D04 course?

Thanks for the music, your wonderful site and all who help within it.

Stewart
Alhambra 11P Spruce
Antonio Lorca 3605 Cedar

Steven

Post by Steven » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:04 am

Sublime, what else can I say!

edmortguitar

Post by edmortguitar » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:52 pm

I loved the calming influence of this arrangement and the way the open strings can be sustained over the fretted ones... absolutely beautiful. I began to learn it right away and still can't believe the score was for free as it surely has to be worth a mint! My thanks goes out to all involved in bringing us such wonderfully inspiring music.

Stewart Doyle

Post by Stewart Doyle » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:15 pm

As I mentioned earlier, I'm trying to resist looking at this piece until I've completed some online lessons, but I thought you needed to be in the 020 (20+ posts) group before you could look at the D04 scores? Several posters with a small number of posts say they've looked at the score - are they perhaps referring to the version in D01 or have I missed something? Thanks
Alhambra 11P Spruce
Antonio Lorca 3605 Cedar

lkljung

Post by lkljung » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:17 am

I have been looking for a tab to learn from. This is great!! Thanks for every thing that you have done.

edmortguitar

Post by edmortguitar » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:34 pm

stewart, i found score by going to Board index...list of scores videos and mp3s...click on tablatures... click en103(green type)...click scarborough fair... click tab anonyme etc..click ok and bob's yer uncle! hope this helped

melode

Post by melode » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:33 pm

Nice and nice to know that a slow piece such as Scarborough Faire can be arranged for CG with a coherence of continuity with the vocal arrangement. Well done.

apollo335

Post by apollo335 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:17 am

That was beautiful!

Stewart Doyle

Post by Stewart Doyle » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:23 am

edmortguitar wrote:stewart, i found score by going to Board index...list of scores videos and mp3s...click on tablatures... click en103(green type)...click scarborough fair... click tab anonyme etc..click ok and bob's yer uncle! hope this helped
Edmortguitar - Thanks very much for spotting my question and taking the time to answer it. I did try following some the instructions on the forum, but they seemed to send me elsewhere and I hadn't spotted the tablatures link as I don't normally use tabs. I've found it now of course. Thanks again - Stewart
Alhambra 11P Spruce
Antonio Lorca 3605 Cedar

rotary joint

Post by rotary joint » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:42 pm

Much to admire here. Your sense of touch is really something, simple perfection embraced in beauty. This kind of playing is both a gift and an inspiration.Thank You.

evgeniosasteris

Post by evgeniosasteris » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:49 am

Wonderful music!!!!

Zatek

Post by Zatek » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:45 pm

This piece is excellent. Would love to be able to play it one day :)

Cary W

Post by Cary W » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:53 pm

Hello zatek. After 2 posts to the forum you will now be able to enjoy the video. Welcome to the forum! In order to benefit from - and also to contribute to - this great resource we invite you to tell us about yourself here.

You can start by having a look at how the forum works here.

We are here to help...so enjoy your time with us. :)

Regards,
Cary
2008 Yamaha GC31C Indian/cedar D'Addario EJ46
1987 Yamaha GC-3 Indian/cedar D'Addario EJ45

Return to “Our recordings of Early music”