Anon. - Scarborough Fair - D04 Video

Audio and video recordings of works from the renaissance to the baroque period, from 1530 to 1760 (e.g. Dowland, Sanz, Weiss).
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - catalogue no. Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Scarlatti, Domenico - K001 Sonata - D08 Video
or Losy, J. A. - Gigue in A minor - D04 (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or Anon. - Drewries Accordes - Duo (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
SusanGRas

Re: Anon. - Scarborough Fair - D04 Video

Post by SusanGRas » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:20 pm

Hi, In reference to the D04 score I think it used to be in with D01 - D04. I may be mistaken but I had it before as well and I was only in that access group.

Theresa de Prat

Post by Theresa de Prat » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:51 am

:bravo: This is the most beautiful version I have every heard of Scarborough Fair! Mr Delcamp you have done a beautiful thing. :merci: This forum is the most wonderful thing I have ever found. It is a labor of love and that is very evident to all its members. I can't thank you enough for all your time and dedication to a most wonderful community that you have created. :merci:

guitargeorge

Post by guitargeorge » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:19 pm

This is beautiful peice of music, and a great modern sounding arrangement with colourful chords. Reminiscent a bit of the Simon and Garfunkel arrangement, but not the same. I will learn this.

I live in Scarborough :)

Scarborough had a large and famous fair, given a royal Charter by King Henry 3rd. Its boom years were about 1250 to 1400. It lasted from mid August to the end of September. It was mostly for trading, but there were plenty of fun and games to be had. Visitors came to it from as far apart as Scandanavia and the Mediterranean. I picture a colder and more Northern version of the Marrakech souk.

The fair declined gradually, eventually finishing in about 1800. There is still an event of the same name every year, but its a almost unrecognisable echo of a the past. :(

QadirASabur

Post by QadirASabur » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:13 am

That was beautiful. Thanks for playing it for us.

Jean-François Delcamp
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jean-François Delcamp » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:04 pm

:merci: :merci: :merci:
:( + ♫ = :)

edgradwell

Post by edgradwell » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:42 pm

I know I'm a bit late, but I've only just seen you play this piece, after I got access to the D04 PDF and saw the arrangement of Scarborough Fair. It's long been a favourite of mine, but I really wanted to find something that combined Paul Simon's version with the original. I've come across a few bland arrangements before now, and none hit the mark. But this one is perfect! What a super performance of a beautifully arranged piece of music. I'm putting this one straight in my repertoire folder to memorise and play forever. Thank you so much M. Delcamp.

Ed

Moustafa Kandeel

Post by Moustafa Kandeel » Fri May 02, 2014 4:25 pm

Great Music by a great player ;)

Apostolos.D

Post by Apostolos.D » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:47 am

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

myrizio

Post by myrizio » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:16 am

Merci beaucoup Jean-Francois, j'ai bien aime'! :bravo:

Merveilleux le son de ce violon :casque:
Abraços,
Maurizio

ashepps

Post by ashepps » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:52 pm

Nicely played, the tabs should be great!

Thanks - Alan
Alan Sheppard
1986 630mm Asturias JM-15 Spruce
1955 650mm Framus SL-32R
2015 650mm Yamaha SLG110N

Return to “Our recordings of Early music”