Bradford Werner has a great website

When you give a link to a video, post your message in this forum, give your post a title following this example: [YouTube] Paganini; Capricho nº 24.
giff06

Re: Bradford Werner has a great website

Post by giff06 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:51 am

I also use Brads site. I find him very helpful and have emailed him with questions I had and he responded within a day with very well thought out answers.

Victoria Ferrell
Amateur luthier

Post by Victoria Ferrell » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:05 am

:D
Last edited by Victoria Ferrell on Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't want to play like other guitarists; I want to give voice to the song of my own soul.

Victoria Ferrell
Amateur luthier

Post by Victoria Ferrell » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:05 am

Gordito158 wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:37 pm
http://www.thisisclassicalguitar.com/ sends me a newsletter.
A website from British Columbia, Ca.
Sign up for Bradford's weekly newsletter and get some interesting YouTube performances each week. Plus B.throws in the odd lesson.
I look forward to sifting through the newsletter each week!
Gordito158, I also love this website! I downloaded both volumes of his method, the 20 exercises book and several collections of music he has arranged. Of the many resources I have utilized in my classical guitar education, some of these hold a special place in my heart.

What first impressed me about Bradford Werner was that I found some of his arrangements more challenging than, say, the first portion of the Hal Leonard CG method. I also enjoy the videos and many of the interviews he has posted. You can tell he truly loves his craft. I look forward to his weekly posts.

Victoria
I don't want to play like other guitarists; I want to give voice to the song of my own soul.

hogiemonk

Post by hogiemonk » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:41 am

I appreciate the post about this site — it looks helpful, and I just subscribed to the newsletter.

BTW, @chrispeppler, I clicked on your link but it appears dead. Or is something wrong on my end?

Randy Johnson
Student of the online lessons

Post by Randy Johnson » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:27 pm

chrispeppler wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:51 pm
Yes, it is a very useful site. I use his material quite extensively on my site www.guitarsa.net
Chris your link is broken.

chrispeppler
Amateur luthier

Post by chrispeppler » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:52 pm

chrispeppler wrote: ↑
12 Jan 2018, 14:51
Yes, it is a very useful site. I use his material quite extensively on my site www.guitarsa.net

Chris your link is broken.
Sorry its www.guitarsa.co.za Thank you for pointing this out.

Amy

Post by Amy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:33 pm

It's excellent and he has a great teaching style. He also has alot of nice PDFs with notation and TABs, many of them are free

Judy Verbeeten

Post by Judy Verbeeten » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:10 pm

I concur with all the other comments about the excellence of Bradford Werner's classical guitar website.

Discovering that website gave me the confidence to pick up a classical guitar after a 30-year hiatus. While I left classical guitar as a beginner, it is very fulfilling to return, now that I have more time to invest in the pursuit.

I have purchased some of Bradford Werner's modestly priced music books, even though I will not be using some of them for quite some time. I wanted to support the site that way. I gotta say, that as a fellow Canadian, I am so proud of this guy.

There are many online classical guitar websites, but by focusing on Bradford Werner's site and this site, I think a self-motivated player, starting anew, is well-served. Moreover, I truly enjoy having the flexibility of being able to connect with 'my' online instructors at times suitable for me, and not being committed to a time-specific scheduled music lesson and/or having to travel to that music lesson.

Judy

Robert Drechsler

Post by Robert Drechsler » Sun May 20, 2018 3:50 pm

I found my love to classical guitar by accident looking at his page. Perfect!!

Robert Drechsler

Post by Robert Drechsler » Sun May 20, 2018 6:00 pm

[/quote]

Sorry its www.guitarsa.co.za

Also a nice site, thank you for you work :bravo:

chrispeppler
Amateur luthier

Post by chrispeppler » Mon May 21, 2018 9:49 am

:merci: @ Robert