[Youtube] J.S.Bach Chaconne

When you give a link to a video, post your message in this forum, give your post a title following this example: [YouTube] Paganini; Capricho nº 24.
chrisW3

[Youtube] J.S.Bach Chaconne

Post by chrisW3 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:57 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtT9cEipTos

Couldn't find this video of Sanel Redzic playing the Chaconne on the forum.

This is a really good performance and stands out I think among the many versions of this available. Every note considered, clearly well thought out and flawless playing. Even if you're not a fan of the piece of you've heard it many times it's worth checking this out.

slidika

Re: [Youtube] J.S.Bach Chaconne

Post by slidika » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:20 pm

Certainly well-played. I have a slight preference for Raphaella Smits' rendition on an 8-string guitar, though. :merci:
Whenever I am not ready for my music lesson, I call it 'facing the music'.

David Gutowski

Post by David Gutowski » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:43 am

Truly remarkable. I've got to learn the Chaconne. Thanks for posting.
3 hard things for humans: dentist visit, public speaking, offering forgiveness.

Muse: chg pitch measure rhym feel tempo improvise melody harmonize arpeggios stucco your legato & practice

Carrillo Concert
Yulong Chamber '17
Bozo 123

joachim33

Post by joachim33 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:09 am

I noticed Sanel's youtube channel some time ago and quite like his playing. There is a new video of his, playing the entire BWV 1004.

The Chaconne is

You can notice how much he developed as a player over the 5 years between the two recordings.

For me the Marc Teichholz recording

and the Raphaella Smits recording

are the ones to beat. I can not make up my mind between the two. I heard many recordings and have a couple of CDs home (incl Bream and Yepes). Part of this might be that the above youtubes are live recordings in concert, capturing the spirit of the moment, and not an in "studio affair" with all the behind the scenes editing.

Salvo

Post by Salvo » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:59 pm

For a wonderful live rendering, check out this:

The smooth fast runs are just one of the merits of Palmer's interpretation, and not the most important.

David Gutowski

Post by David Gutowski » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:22 am

Wow! Great...thanks so much for posting. Definitely learning the piece.

Muse: chg pitch measure rhym feel tempo improvise melody harmonize arpeggios stucco your legato & practice

Carrillo Concert
Yulong Chamber '17
Bozo 123

joachim33

Post by joachim33 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:55 am

David Gutowski wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:22 am
Wow! Great...thanks so much for posting. Definitely learning the piece.
Discuss with your tutor. Mine is strongly opposed to trying pieces that are way beyond your level. The bad habits you got when doing so might be very difficult to unlearn. As a result you might never be able to play the piece as well as if you had waited to have the technical skills required.

David Gutowski

Post by David Gutowski » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:01 am

You might be right-thanks. At the rate I'm going, I may never be able to play it. I've been composing my own pieces mainly by ear and some are sounding pretty good. And it feels great. I might over embellish a bit but I've experienced a sense of freedom in my playing I didn't have before and there're right about saying you learn more when writing your own compositions. I recently ordered a cd and piano music to go with it from Michele McLaughlin and making arrangements for cg. But the point is, I had an opportunity to talk with her about writing pieces for the guitar and she, interestingly enough, said she does not write music or read any notes. She pays to have her work transcribed for her. So, she writes and plays completely by ear and can't read music...and she sounds great. Gave me the idea and it works and very rewarding-I can read music and I write it down and it's my real belief I will compose a famous piece just like the big boys...don't laugh it may be true.
Regards,
David

Carrillo Concert
Yulong Chamber '17
Bozo 123

Alexander Kalil

Post by Alexander Kalil » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:53 pm

chrisW3 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:57 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtT9cEipTos

This is a really good performance and stands out I think among the many versions of this available. Every note considered, clearly well thought out and flawless playing.
Probably the best guitar performance I've yet heard of the Chaconne. Thank you very much for the link.

Return to “Our favourite websites”