Now this is a web site!

When you give a link to a video, post your message in this forum, give your post a title following this example: [YouTube] Paganini; Capricho nº 24.
David Gutowski

Now this is a web site!

Post by David Gutowski » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:38 am

www.guitarburst.com

This site is GREAT!...gives you information on thousands of scores/pieces and tells you the difficulty level, publisher, notes on playing and fingering etc. and it's free. Great resource for guitar students and teachers... doesn't actually provide the music but does help eliminate the trial and error method of finding music you can play.
3 hard things for humans: dentist visit, public speaking, offering forgiveness.

Muse: chg pitch measure rhym feel tempo improvise melody harmonize arpeggios stucco your legato & practice

Carrillo Concert
Yulong Chamber '17
Bozo 123

Sean Sirpkowski
Student of the online lessons

Re: Now this is a web site!

Post by Sean Sirpkowski » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:28 am

Nice. I only wish it could be extensible like wikipedia and with links to scores and recordings and reviews. Can you imagine a living database of all classical guitar music?

Wuuthrad

Re: Now this is a web site!

Post by Wuuthrad » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:00 am

It's a very nice website for sure, and a valuable tool, yet it doesnt seem inclusive. I found no mention of certain pieces, and the criticisms... I had to view them with a grain of salt, especially when compared with transcriptions which the compiler didn't include for whatever reason.

I chose to look past the subjective criticism, which is obviously a huge part of classical guitar study, and I believe this is important when studying guitar; to find ones own voice in the notes, rather than imitating what others play.

And also a grading system is irrelevant to me. Play guitar well and make beautiful music, regardless of difficulty.

But it certainly is a great value in referencing and comparing different versions of pieces, even when they aren't all included.
"Pay no attention to what the critics say. A statue has never been erected in honor of a critic." -Jean Sibelius

Return to “Our favourite websites”