Another Lute Website

When you give a link to a video, post your message in this forum, give your post a title following this example: [YouTube] Paganini; Capricho nº 24.
pogmoor

Another Lute Website

Post by pogmoor » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:43 pm

For those who are fond of the lute and related instruments and their music this site, https://sites.google.com/view/another-lute-website/home is a wonderful compendium of available online performances. As it says in the Welcome section:
This website contains the largest lute video collection on the www. Over 250 lute composers are presented. The focus is on lute solo music and songs until the 1800s.
Our own member kidneykutter (Daniel Shoskes) is well represented (and doubtless I will find others as I explore the site). There are also a few surprises, such as a cover of the Metallica song One by an ensemble including lute, recorder and percussion. Looks like a good few hours of listening!
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Lester Backshall (2008), Ramirez (Guitarra del Tiempo 2017),
Yamaha (SLG 130NW silent classical guitar 2014).

David Gutowski

Re: Another Lute Website

Post by David Gutowski » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:23 am

Thanks for posting...and I thought cg was hard to play!
3 hard things for humans: dentist visit, public speaking, offering forgiveness.

Muse: chg pitch measure rhym feel tempo improvise melody harmonize arpeggios stucco your legato & practice

Carrillo Concert
Yulong Chamber '17
Bozo 123

muirtan

Post by muirtan » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:41 am

Thanks pogmoor and as coincidence would have it I'm going for my frst lute lesson today wit Matthew Wadsworth who is on the home page of the site.

pogmoor

Post by pogmoor » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:59 pm

muirtan wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:41 am
...I'm going for my frst lute lesson today wit Matthew Wadsworth who is on the home page of the site.
If he's as good a teacher as he is a player it should be great :)
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Lester Backshall (2008), Ramirez (Guitarra del Tiempo 2017),
Yamaha (SLG 130NW silent classical guitar 2014).

muirtan

Post by muirtan » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:23 pm

So far he is :) At least he understands the change from guitar to lute playing having been through the process himself which is exactly what I need. Lovely person as well.

Return to “Our favourite websites”