Irina Kulikova

When you give a link to a video, post your message in this forum, give your post a title following this example: [YouTube] Paganini; Capricho nº 24.
Jeffrey Armbruster

Re: Irina Kulikova

Post by Jeffrey Armbruster » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:10 pm

Simply amazing! I will do my best to see her at the Sierra Nevada guitar festival. What a coup, Larry! I'll tell my teacher and he'll mention it to his students I'm sure. Is she located here in California?
Paul Weaver spruce 2014
Takamine C132S

Erik Zurcher

Post by Erik Zurcher » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:16 pm

Jeffrey Armbruster wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:10 pm
Simply amazing! I will do my best to see her at the Sierra Nevada guitar festival. What a coup, Larry! I'll tell my teacher and he'll mention it to his students I'm sure. Is she located here in California?
Irina Kulikova is a Russian guitarist, married to a Dutchman and now lives in the Hague, Netherlands (a few blocks away from me :D ). I have seen her in concert a few times. She is a fabulous artist.
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

zzzsegundaepoca

Post by zzzsegundaepoca » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:52 pm

I remember seeing this video some months back and loving it. Thanks for reminding me of it! Also, I sometimes despair of hearing or finding good Chopin transcriptions for guitar. This one is excellent!

LarryATahoe

Post by LarryATahoe » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:14 am

Hi Jeffrey and All,

I've been busy in India but here's the scoop. Irina lives in Amsterdam but visits the USA a few times a year. In 2018 and beyond we are offering the opportunity to take multiple lessons with Irina in a workshop setting. It's set up and ready to go but no one's registered yet:
http://www.cgwest.org/SNGF2018workshops.html

LarryA

Return to “Our favourite websites”