Leo Brouwer with John Williams and Steve Goss

When you give a link to a video, post your message in this forum, give your post a title following this example: [YouTube] Paganini; Capricho nº 24.
Massimo Piazza

Leo Brouwer with John Williams and Steve Goss

Post by Massimo Piazza » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:36 pm

Lovemyguitar

Re: Leo Brouwer with John Williams and Steve Goss

Post by Lovemyguitar » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:24 am

That was fantastic, so very interesting and insightful! I intended to watch only the first few minutes (at least, for now), but I became completely caught up in it, such that the time just flew by! Thank you for posting.

For those who are interested in Brouwer's music, guitar music, and classical music in general, I highly recommend watching this video, to hear Brouwer's candid, intelligent, and fascinating thoughts on all of these subjects!

eno

Post by eno » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:01 am

A genius and my most favorite composer ever. Thank you Leo so much for your music ...
After watching this I went to listen his CONCIERTO ELEGÍACO again. OMG! what a masterpiece of beauty!
Paulino Bernabe 'India' 2001
Takamine C136S 1976
Masaru Kohno No.6 1967

Peter Lovett

Post by Peter Lovett » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:57 am

What a brilliant find. Thank you so much for posting this as I have learnt so much from their discussion.
1994 Jim Williams lattice braced, Cedar/Tasmanian Blackwood

Jori Bomanson

Post by Jori Bomanson » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:23 pm

Watching this was enlightening as I have played Leo Brouwer, but I have not previously studied or learned much about him otherwise.

Having played his music, it makes a lot of sense when he says that he was first influenced by sound as a young boy, as opposed to music as we understand it.

Thank you for posting this inspiring video! I have been playing a lot of Leo Brouwer this week after watching it :)
Liikanen 2005
Liikanen 2010 double top

Wuuthrad

Post by Wuuthrad » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:13 pm

:bravo: :merci: :bye:
"Pay no attention to what the critics say. A statue has never been erected in honor of a critic." -Jean Sibelius

brians

Post by brians » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:22 am

Very interesting, thanks for posting.

jgiddings

Post by jgiddings » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:46 am

Leo Brouwer discusses his music, background and influences, his perspective on music history as a composer, and his creative process. A fascinating conversation, also offering many thoughtful questions and insightful comments from John Williams, Steve Goss and audience members. An illuminating and enjoyable video. Thanks for this post.

-JG

Return to “Our favourite websites”