Guitar Music from Argentina

When you give a link to a video, post your message in this forum, give your post a title following this example: [YouTube] Paganini; Capricho nº 24.
ChristianSchwengeler
Luthier
Posts: 1221
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:18 pm
Location: Lisbon Portugal

Guitar Music from Argentina

Post by ChristianSchwengeler » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:06 pm

I became interested in scores and pieces from Yupanquiando and Abel Fleury and other composers from Argentina- I found a really generous blogue with transcriptions from Carlos Roldan. Very complete with recordings and scores, a real tresure !, you need dropbox do download the files. You can find also recordings of him on the net if you search for Carlos Roldan http://guitarrasdelamusicaargentina.blogspot.com/

Let me know if you like it.....

bert
Posts: 828
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:01 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Guitar Music from Argentina

Post by bert » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:44 pm

I like it and you can download the files even without Dropbox.

This video of him was in my watch later list. I'm glad you shared the URL of his site

User avatar
bear
Posts: 4034
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Guitar Music from Argentina

Post by bear » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:21 pm

ChristianSchwengeler wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:06 pm
I became interested in scores and pieces from Yupanquiando and Abel Fleury and other composers from Argentina- I found a really generous blogue with transcriptions from Carlos Roldan. Very complete with recordings and scores, a real tresure !, you need dropbox do download the files. You can find also recordings of him on the net if you search for Carlos Roldan http://guitarrasdelamusicaargentina.blogspot.com/

Let me know if you like it.....
bert wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:44 pm
I like it and you can download the files even without Dropbox.

This video of him was in my watch later list. I'm glad you shared the URL of his site
Thank you both.
2013 Jeff Medlin '37 Hauser 640mm sp
2006 Michele Della Giustina Concert 10 string 650mm ce
2005 Jose Ramirez 4E 650mm ce
2005 Manuel Rodriguez Model C3F 650mm sp
2003 Manuel Rodriguez Model D 650mm ce

Kevin L Benbow
Posts: 457
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:40 pm

Re: Guitar Music from Argentina

Post by Kevin L Benbow » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:59 am

These are beautiful!

I have a few pieces by Maximo Diego Pujol that I love playing. His "Suite del Plata" is at the intermediate level and was a joy to learn.
Purnell #93
Cordoba C12
Admira Virtuoso (c. 1999).

dkha
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:22 pm

Re: Guitar Music from Argentina

Post by dkha » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:08 pm

Here is a CD on Youtube with music by Abel Fleury played by Roberto Lara.
It is called "Argentina - The Guitar of the Pampas."


SteveL123
Posts: 1100
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:05 pm

Re: Guitar Music from Argentina

Post by SteveL123 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:11 pm

bert wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:44 pm
I like it and you can download the files even without Dropbox.

This video of him was in my watch later list. I'm glad you shared the URL of his site
Thanks for the link. Love the sound of his guitar! Does anyone know the maker? It has bass to die for! It's a studio recording obviously. Wonder if it sounds so great because of the recording or does it sound like that in person?

ChristianSchwengeler
Luthier
Posts: 1221
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:18 pm
Location: Lisbon Portugal

Re: Guitar Music from Argentina

Post by ChristianSchwengeler » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:08 pm

Thank you all for your replies! I have been selecting some scores from the collection on the link for myself. In fact you don't need dropbox, but a tool to open the rar files.

You may have experienced that it is not always easy when you have a lot of choices, and in the end we have to find something which suits our level and which is nice enough to stay motivated.

My choices so far are "La Primavera" from Victor Velazquez, "Milonga de Pampa y Cielo" from Victor Velazquez. And then from Atahualpa Yupanqui " La Milonga Perdida" and "Nadita" from Pablo del Cerro in the version of Atahualpa Yupanqui.

The recordings are a big help to make it easier to read the scores and to get familiar with the pieces. I hope that you will try also to learn to play something from this nice library in the link.

Have fun!
Last edited by ChristianSchwengeler on Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SteveL123
Posts: 1100
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:05 pm

Re: Guitar Music from Argentina

Post by SteveL123 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:23 pm

ChristianSchwengeler,

Are these 2 Argentinian pieces in the link you posted?

1. Milonga by Jorge Cardoso

2. Milonga del Ayer by Abel Fleury




ChristianSchwengeler
Luthier
Posts: 1221
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:18 pm
Location: Lisbon Portugal

Re: Guitar Music from Argentina

Post by ChristianSchwengeler » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:32 pm

SteveL123 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:23 pm
ChristianSchwengeler,

Are these 2 Argentinian pieces in the link you posted?

1. Milonga by Jorge Cardoso

2. Milonga del Ayer by Abel Fleury
They are not in the link. I guess Milonga del Ayer you can find as a PDF online with a search, Milonga by Cardoso perhaps also, but I have it.

User avatar
bergmann
Posts: 331
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:22 pm
Location: Kalundborg, Denmark

Re: Guitar Music from Argentina

Post by bergmann » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:16 pm

I have published some original pieces by Arturo Quinteros - search for "collections/quinteros-arturo". They might have your interest.

chiral3
Posts: 2032
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:08 pm
Location: Philadelphia Area, PA / New York.

Re: Guitar Music from Argentina

Post by chiral3 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:27 pm

I like those.

Another Argentinian composer that I became interested in after hearing Berta Rojas play some of his music was Quique Sinesi. I obtained some sheet music from him after emailing him personally in broken Spanish and, later, got the book Terruno. I play the first two pieces, Terruno and Alta Paz. Alta Paz is such a dimple piece but getting the rhythm right is tricky. I’ve tried to get cancion hacia vos to no avail.
"Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect" - Margaret Mitchell

ChristianSchwengeler
Luthier
Posts: 1221
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:18 pm
Location: Lisbon Portugal

Re: Guitar Music from Argentina

Post by ChristianSchwengeler » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:32 pm

bergmann wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:16 pm
I have published some original pieces by Arturo Quinteros - search for "collections/quinteros-arturo". They might have your interest.
I made a video search and his compositions are very good !
chiral3 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:27 pm

Another Argentinian composer that I became interested in after hearing Berta Rojas play some of his music was Quique Sinesi. I obtained some sheet music from him after emailing him personally in broken Spanish and, later, got the book Terruno. I play the first two pieces, Terruno and Alta Paz. Alta Paz is such a dimple piece but getting the rhythm right is tricky. I’ve tried to get cancion hacia vos to no avail.
Interesting and nice to. I have listend to some sections on Youtube - it seems rather complicated to write this in a score.

What I have noticed with the pieces from Velasquez and Yupanqi etc is that it is a very guitaristic style, and the posibilities of the instrument are very present and you could learn these pieces without a score if somebody would teach you - it looks more complicated on the scores sometimes as it is. Overall I find it very inspiring and refreshing and I have been working on the scores I have mentioned. My regular repertoire from argentina is only Milonga by Cardoso and Vals venezolano Alp by Cardoso , both interesting and nice pieces. Alp for example is very tricky to catch the rithme, very irregular and floating acentuation.

User avatar
Bertran
Posts: 678
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

Re: Guitar Music from Argentina

Post by Bertran » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:40 pm

I am also one of those that respect Carlos site, his interpretation, Argentinian music and LA music in general.
Therefore, always curious to hear what compositions other prefers (and maybe hear some new jewel that I had missed before).

At this site I heard a lot of very beautiful pieces. Some of them I suggest to you now; hoping that some of them will be (new) jewel to you:
  • Atahualpa Yupanqui - AGUA ESCONDIDA
    Atahualpa Yupanqui - DUERMETE CHANGUITO
    Felix Dardo Palorma - LA LLAMADORA
    Buenaventura Luna - MILONGA MONTONERA
    Oscar Valles - ZAMBA MERCEDINA
(For last two I like to find sheets.)

Best wishes, Bertran II

ChristianSchwengeler
Luthier
Posts: 1221
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:18 pm
Location: Lisbon Portugal

Re: Guitar Music from Argentina

Post by ChristianSchwengeler » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:55 pm

Bertran wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:40 pm
I am also one of those that respect Carlos site, his interpretation, Argentinian music and LA music in general.
Therefore, always curious to hear what compositions other prefers (and maybe hear some new jewel that I had missed before).

At this site I heard a lot of very beautiful pieces. Some of them I suggest to you now; hoping that some of them will be (new) jewel to you:
  • Atahualpa Yupanqui - AGUA ESCONDIDA
    Atahualpa Yupanqui - DUERMETE CHANGUITO
    Felix Dardo Palorma - LA LLAMADORA
    Buenaventura Luna - MILONGA MONTONERA
    Oscar Valles - ZAMBA MERCEDINA
(For last two I like to find sheets.)

Best wishes, Bertran II


Hi, I am happy about your feedback. I have searched the net for the last 2 pices you mention but it seams they are for more than one instrument and I couldn't find a solo recording. I will check the other pieces you mention by Palorma and Yupanqui

Meanwhile a have allready memorized Primavera by Velazquez. I like it a lot and I try to record it on video.

Carlos published today a new score in his face book https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

This is the video of it

ChristianSchwengeler
Luthier
Posts: 1221
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:18 pm
Location: Lisbon Portugal

Re: Guitar Music from Argentina

Post by ChristianSchwengeler » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:48 am


Return to “Our favourite websites”