i Finger Clicks

Classical Guitar technique: studies, scales, arpeggios, theory
Forum rules
IV Laws governing the quotation/citation of music

For discussion of studies, scales, arpeggios and theory.
nattyCT

Re: i Finger Clicks

Post by nattyCT » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:12 pm

My ring finger had the worst sound but its sound changed very much by changing the way I do my nails.

David Gutowski

Post by David Gutowski » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:02 am

AndresK wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:30 am
The angle of each ramp comes from the angle every player uses his/her right wrist.
Thanks Andresk. I did file my nails straight across as in your nail pictures. And it's a miracle! I looked at my wrist angle and how I sit, hold the guitar and pluck the strings. I quickly realized, if I file the nail down on the right side (as I'm looking at the back of my r hand), the fingers slide smoothly across the strings with a bigger "contact point" giving me a wonderful, consistent left to right stroke and great tone. I looked it up on this forum and my shape is called a "reverse ramp." Who would have known...once again, should have started out with a cg teacher.

Thanks again for your hand pictures and the work you did getting them on the forum.

Twonote
Guitralchemist,
David :D

"History never repeats itself, but it often rhymes." M Twain
3 hard things for humans: dentist visit, public speaking, offering forgiveness.

Muse: chg pitch measure rhym feel tempo improvise melody harmonize arpeggios stucco your legato & practice

Carrillo Concert
Yulong Chamber '17
Bozo 123

AndresK

Post by AndresK » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:58 pm

David Gutowski wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:02 am

.once again, should have started out with a cg teacher.
I am very happy this worked for you my friend. Internet and forums like this are a gift to all of us. My teacher never told me of the ramp thing, to be honest, when I was studying to get my diploma, so it is not very certain that when starting with a classical guitar teacher would be the solution to everything. There are so many different views on nails out there. This ramp thing really helps on sound and volume but can get you a bit tired if the nails get too long or the edges catch to much , so one has to maintain the length and shape and always be open for something better to come. Who knows..

Keep enjoying the music,

Andreas

David Gutowski

Post by David Gutowski » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:50 am

AndresK wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:58 pm
so it is not very certain that when starting with a classical guitar teacher would be the solution to everything.
I probably wouldn't have listened to the teacher anyway.

It amazes me how something you never thought about can work so well. The books I studied never mentioned filing nails in "reverse." Thanks again for your help...wish I talked to you 16 guitars earlier-chasing the tone!

I might just buy another one to celebrate.

Welcome to the forum...and you're right, I've learned a great deal about cg on the forum and it's good place to "intellectualize." I stopped watching the news and drama movies and don't do much facebook so this is a "gift," so to speak.

Talk to you on the forum,

Twonote
Guitralchemist,
David
3 hard things for humans: dentist visit, public speaking, offering forgiveness.

Muse: chg pitch measure rhym feel tempo improvise melody harmonize arpeggios stucco your legato & practice

Carrillo Concert
Yulong Chamber '17
Bozo 123

Return to “Classical Guitar technique”