28 Things G Major - Practice Session

Classical Guitar technique: studies, scales, arpeggios, theory
Forum rules
IV Laws governing the quotation/citation of music

For discussion of studies, scales, arpeggios and theory.
konstantine

Re: 28 Things G Major - Practice Session

Post by konstantine » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:38 pm

And the third part:

keep exploring,
Konstantine

kirolak

Post by kirolak » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:28 pm

Thank you so much, once again! Actually, I would appreciate any advice on trills, ornaments, etc if you feel inspired to touch on that topic at some stage :)

konstantine

Post by konstantine » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:28 am

kirolak wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:28 pm
Thank you so much, once again! Actually, I would appreciate any advice on trills, ornaments, etc if you feel inspired to touch on that topic at some stage :)
You are welcome!

Great suggestion, I could do something on the various ornaments. Would you be interested more in the "how to" technical side or in the various approaches to ornament styles (classical, Mediterranean, etc...)?

Thank you!
Konstantine

konstantine

Post by konstantine » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:51 am

Two new episodes!

On practicing pairs of open seventh voicings:

And applying some of these voicings to actual music:

I failed to make a video every day, as planned, but only because I cared a lot! I try to make these videos as good as I can and I always try to improve on all aspects. Making 20 videos the past month was a great experience, although quite intense, and definitely a very important step. I will finish all 28 things and then there are also a lot of other things I would like to research and talk about, as well as your suggestions which always welcome. But, daily videos is not a sustaining plan, so eventually, after finishing this cycle with regular but not daily videos, I will continue with the other subjects with probably a schedule of weekly videos!

keep exploring,
Konstantine

kirolak

Post by kirolak » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:10 pm

konstantine wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:28 am
kirolak wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:28 pm
You are welcome!

Great suggestion, I could do something on the various ornaments. Would you be interested more in the "how to" technical side or in the various approaches to ornament styles (classical, Mediterranean, etc...)?

Thank you!
Konstantine
Both possibilities sound very informative! :merci: Edit to add: my trills sound more like an elephant dancing than ornaments

Trentino

Post by Trentino » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:00 am

I endorse Kirolak's request. Both "how to" technical side and the various approaches to ornament styles (classical, Mediterranean, etc...) would be very useful.
Thanks again

Return to “Classical Guitar technique”