Scales

Classical Guitar technique: studies, scales, arpeggios, theory
Forum rules
IV Laws governing the quotation/citation of music

For discussion of studies, scales, arpeggios and theory.
Desperado

Scales

Post by Desperado » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:29 pm

This is a violin study by kreutzer and is a great scale exercise and I'd thought I'd share imo a must for anyone wanting to practise scales.

soltirefa

Re: Scales

Post by soltirefa » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:22 pm

I like it. I really does look like a good scale exercise. Did a Google search and I believe you're playing number 5 from this set of exercises.

https://www.theviolinsite.com/sheet_mus ... etudes.pdf

Rognvald

Post by Rognvald » Sat May 04, 2019 3:18 pm

Love it, D! And thanks to Solti for the reference. I'm printing it now. Playing again, Rognvald
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spake Zarathustra

Realstaff

Post by Realstaff » Sat May 04, 2019 3:37 pm

Very impressed, rest or free stroke ?

Desperado

Post by Desperado » Sun May 05, 2019 6:43 am

Realstaff wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 3:37 pm
Very impressed, rest or free stroke ?
For this rest stroke im. Lost the triplet rhythm somewhere :( don't normally play this fast. This is a particularly good exercise for patterns in pairs - keep fingers close to the strings. I use number 1 too for string crossing.

Rognvald

Post by Rognvald » Sun May 05, 2019 3:58 pm

Played through it yesterday a couple of times. The last time I played in E flat was on the saxophone so it was a bit slow going at first. Another potential exercise based on this music is to take select measures and play them chromatically up/down the neck. For example, I used the first two bars(im/am/rest/free) yesterday in my warm up until they felt smooth and clean. Love scales! Playing again . . . Rognvald
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spake Zarathustra

Return to “Classical Guitar technique”