2008-04-01 Emmanuel Rossfelder - Montelimar (FRANCE)

Vabejas

2008-04-01 Emmanuel Rossfelder - Montelimar (FRANCE)

Post by Vabejas » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:49 am

The french master guitarist is coming in my area and I'm really looking forward to his recital.
He is a guitarist with a lot of admirers in France as well as critics. His repertoire is not very adventurous (Barrios, Albeniz, Granados, Tarrega etc...) but what he plays, sounds incredible. He is a pupil of Lagoya and has the same long nails.
I'll give a report on the recital.
Jasper

Denian Arcoleo
Composer

Re: 2008-04-01 Emmanuel Rossfelder - Montelimar (FRANCE)

Post by Denian Arcoleo » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:59 pm

Hi Vabejas,

I've been listening to some of his videos and he is a fantastic guitarist, truly remarkable. It should be a great concert and I look forward to reading your review.

Vabejas

Post by Vabejas » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:08 pm

Thanks for your interest Denian. Yes, he's a great player I've heard.He has been teaching my teacher, Damien Aribert. I don't mind if he plays the classics like Catedral, Asturias, Recuerdos etc..., it should be very interesting listening and watching him perform those with his 2"nails! :D :ongles:
I will certainly give my feedback after the concert.
Kind regards,
Jasper

Vabejas

Post by Vabejas » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:56 am

So I went last night. Packed theatre.
The man had a terrible cold, he didn't feel at his best.
That's what he said before his first piece. I thought: oh boy! :?
Then he attacked Tarrega's Carneval in Venice and I nearly fell of my chair! What an artist!
He has a tone,so powerful and round, you would probably still hear him play without mic at Wembley with 80.000 screaming fans!
Granados-Danza 5, Asturias, Villa-Lobos Prelude1, Recuerdos...his program was very traditional, but he played everything with so much conviction and charisma, it was a joy to watch.
He likes to show the different colours on the guitar and he does that extremely well. He doesn't move a lot, everything comes from his hands, which I like.
Besides that he seems like a cool guy, who interupted playing for 20 minutes to answer any question from the audience. He answered with a great sense of humour.
So, in all, a lovely experience .
He tours around the world as well. I believe he's coming to Canada soon. Check his official website for concert dates.
Jasper

Denian Arcoleo
Composer

Post by Denian Arcoleo » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:49 am

Sounds like a great concert (even with a bad cold!). He is quite clearly an amazing player and, as you say, quite a character too. I'll be sure to go and hear him if he comes round my part of the world.

:bye:

Return to “Archives - Classical Guitar Concerts”