2008-10-10 Ullapool Guitar Festival (SCOTLAND)

David Crooks

2008-10-10 Ullapool Guitar Festival (SCOTLAND)

Post by David Crooks » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:14 am

This year's Ullapool Guitar Festival includes a recital by Allan Neave, on Sunday 12 October in the MacPhail Centre, which is hosting the Festival. Allan has performed at the Festival several times over the past nine years. In addition to his career as a performer, Allan also teaches at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama, and runs the Dundee Guitar Festival.

Details of full programme and line-up can be had at http://www.ullapoolguitarfestival.com/index.html. If it is up to its usual standard, the festival will offer three days of devastating guitar playing, including new works by Hugh Burns (whose name you might not know, but whose work you'll have heard uncredited on umpteen film scores, adverts and recordings) and John Goldie, who has worked extensively with Martin Taylor. The other highlights for me will be Clive Carroll - incredible player, no doubt because of his classical background - and Don Ross and Andy McKee, who have a huge number of hits on YouTube.

Cookie

Vesuvio

Re: 2008-10-10 Ullapool Guitar Festival (SCOTLAND)

Post by Vesuvio » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:37 am

Hello Cookie,

Your post and the information on the website make the festival sound most appealing. I'm a bit far away but I hope anyone who can get there will have a wonderful time,

Best wishes, V :)
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

Return to “Archives - Classical Guitar Concerts”