Danny Boy - Londonderry Air, Arranged by Steve Eckels

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Jack Douglas

Re: Danny Boy - Londonderry Air, Arranged by Steve Eckels

Post by Jack Douglas » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:03 pm

iouhp wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:09 pm
Hi

I've heard an excellent rendition of Danny Boy - Londonderry Air, Arranged by Steve Eckels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_zYwv2uc80

Any idea where I can get this score?
Thanks in advance

Regards,
HP
The youtube mentioned is Played on an Andrea Tacchi, Cochlea, by Kevin Loh, a superb young player, it is lovely. Another player of another traditional arrangement by Minyou Airurando is Italian guitarist, Claudio Tumeo, playing an Andre Tacchi Bouchet.
Hauser III 2014!

Paul Janssen

Post by Paul Janssen » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:14 pm

Flawiler63 wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:38 pm
Also worth a look is David Jaggs arrangement on youtube; the arrangement is available as pdf from his website.The dropped D tuning works very well, though the piece is not easy as such.
+1 for David's arrangement.

Altophile

Post by Altophile » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:10 pm

Flawiler63 wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:38 pm
Also worth a look is David Jaggs arrangement on youtube; the arrangement is available as pdf from his website.The dropped D tuning works very well, though the piece is not easy as such.
A agree that Jaggs's arrangement is excellent, as is everything he arranges, it seems.

What I personally like about Williard's arrangement is that it's as beautiful as the best of them, if not more so, yet it falls so easily under the fingers! That's a combo that's hard to beat, and a blessing for those of us who haven't mastered "advanced" technique:-)

Also, as I noted previously, Danny Boy is just one of 50 arrangements, with downloadable audio of every piece, beautifully performed on a classical guitar, all for only $16.99!

Flawiler63

Post by Flawiler63 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:29 pm

Post by Altophile » Sunday 17 December 2017, 15:10 pm

Flawiler63 wrote: ↑Saturday 16 December 2017, 22:38 pm
A agree that Jaggs's arrangement is excellent, as is everything he arranges, it seems.

What I personally like about Williard's arrangement is that it's as beautiful as the best of them, if not more so, yet it falls so easily under the fingers! That's a combo that's hard to beat, and a blessing for those of us who haven't mastered "advanced" technique:-)

Also, as I noted previously, Danny Boy is just one of 50 arrangements, with downloadable audio of every piece, beautifully performed on a classical guitar, all for only $16.99!
I think I might actually buy the Willard book. As a Swiss abroad, I am always looking for easyish Irish/Celtic music for CG for busking and/or gigs here in Ireland. BTW, I love the O'Carolan arrangements by Pascal Bournet, but they are a wee bit tricky to pull off whilst making it look easy...
Thanks again for this very helpful tip.

bert

Post by bert » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:22 am

There's a second arrangement of the piece on my site. The recording could be a bit faster.

Altophile

Post by Altophile » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:08 pm

bert wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:22 am
There's a second arrangement of the piece on my site. The recording could be a bit faster.
Where's your site?

RichardUno

Post by RichardUno » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:27 pm

I think this is the website:
http://www.knila.nl/?search=christmas
Click on the "Home/New" tab

Altophile

Post by Altophile » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:56 pm

RichardUno wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:27 pm