Danny Boy - Londonderry Air, Arranged by Steve Eckels

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Jack Douglas

Re: Danny Boy - Londonderry Air, Arranged by Steve Eckels

Post by Jack Douglas » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:03 pm

iouhp wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:09 pm
Hi

I've heard an excellent rendition of Danny Boy - Londonderry Air, Arranged by Steve Eckels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_zYwv2uc80

Any idea where I can get this score?
Thanks in advance

Regards,
HP
The youtube mentioned is Played on an Andrea Tacchi, Cochlea, by Kevin Loh, a superb young player, it is lovely. Another player of another traditional arrangement by Minyou Airurando is Italian guitarist, Claudio Tumeo, playing an Andre Tacchi Bouchet.
Richard Brune 'Artist' Cedar/Brazilian 1996

Paul Janssen

Post by Paul Janssen » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:14 pm

Flawiler63 wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:38 pm
Also worth a look is David Jaggs arrangement on youtube; the arrangement is available as pdf from his website.The dropped D tuning works very well, though the piece is not easy as such.
+1 for David's arrangement.

Altophile

Post by Altophile » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:10 pm

Flawiler63 wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:38 pm
Also worth a look is David Jaggs arrangement on youtube; the arrangement is available as pdf from his website.The dropped D tuning works very well, though the piece is not easy as such.
A agree that Jaggs's arrangement is excellent, as is everything he arranges, it seems.

What I personally like about Williard's arrangement is that it's as beautiful as the best of them, if not more so, yet it falls so easily under the fingers! That's a combo that's hard to beat, and a blessing for those of us who haven't mastered "advanced" technique:-)

Also, as I noted previously, Danny Boy is just one of 50 arrangements, with downloadable audio of every piece, beautifully performed on a classical guitar, all for only $16.99!

Flawiler63

Post by Flawiler63 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:29 pm

Post by Altophile » Sunday 17 December 2017, 15:10 pm

Flawiler63 wrote: ↑Saturday 16 December 2017, 22:38 pm
A agree that Jaggs's arrangement is excellent, as is everything he arranges, it seems.

What I personally like about Williard's arrangement is that it's as beautiful as the best of them, if not more so, yet it falls so easily under the fingers! That's a combo that's hard to beat, and a blessing for those of us who haven't mastered "advanced" technique:-)

Also, as I noted previously, Danny Boy is just one of 50 arrangements, with downloadable audio of every piece, beautifully performed on a classical guitar, all for only $16.99!
I think I might actually buy the Willard book. As a Swiss abroad, I am always looking for easyish Irish/Celtic music for CG for busking and/or gigs here in Ireland. BTW, I love the O'Carolan arrangements by Pascal Bournet, but they are a wee bit tricky to pull off whilst making it look easy...
Thanks again for this very helpful tip.

bert

Post by bert » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:22 am

There's a second arrangement of the piece on my site. The recording could be a bit faster.

Altophile

Post by Altophile » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:08 pm

bert wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:22 am
There's a second arrangement of the piece on my site. The recording could be a bit faster.
Where's your site?

RichardUno

Post by RichardUno » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:27 pm

I think this is the website:
http://www.knila.nl/?search=christmas
Click on the "Home/New" tab

Altophile

Post by Altophile » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:56 pm

RichardUno wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:27 pm