California Dreaming?

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
RaajShinde

California Dreaming?

Post by RaajShinde » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:20 am

Any one know of any arrangements of "California Dreaming" for CG? Pointers appreciated. Thanks!

Warm Regards,
-raaj
The Sage is occupied with the unspoken
and acts without effort.
Teaching without verbosity,
producing without possessing,
creating without regard to result,
claiming nothing,
the Sage has nothing to lose.

zzzsegundaepoca

Re: California Dreaming?

Post by zzzsegundaepoca » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:31 am

Not exactly classical, but Chris Proctor has an arrangement of California Dreaming that he melds into Paint it Black, but the first part could stand on its own.

Jeffrey Armbruster

Post by Jeffrey Armbruster » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:52 am

California Dreaming melds into Paint it Black? That's bizarre, at a minimum. Horrible, horrible idea, most likely.
Paul Weaver spruce 2014
Takamine C132S

soltirefa

Post by soltirefa » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:57 am

Do a Google search for "chat bada california dreamin" and the first search result should be a pdf of an arrangement by Yves Keroas. I would put the link but probably it's a forum violation.

Or even better, do a Google search for "Yves Keroas guitar arrangements", take the first link provided which is a fingerstyle guitar site. Scroll down to Yves Keroas' part of the site. You will find California Dreamin' there and a midi file so you can hear what the arrangement sounds like.

zzzsegundaepoca

Post by zzzsegundaepoca » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:00 am

Jeffrey Armbruster wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:52 am
California Dreaming melds into Paint it Black? That's bizarre, at a minimum. Horrible, horrible idea, most likely.
You might be surprised. He’s very true to the feel of California Dreamin and a little freer with Paint it Black. I don’t really go for any instrumental arrangements of pop songs (I still remember hearing an oboe solo on an instrumental version of Janis Joplin’s Piece of My Heart at a restaurant once...), but Chris Proctor’s particular arrangement is a little better than elevator music.

Jeffrey Armbruster

Post by Jeffrey Armbruster » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:47 am

O.K., I may have jumped the gun. I was thinking of how the lyrics of each song sort of clashed. I have a tendency to judge prematurely.
Paul Weaver spruce 2014
Takamine C132S

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”