Chopin for guitar

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
redmcq

Chopin for guitar

Post by redmcq » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:58 am

Does anyone have an arrangement for Grande Valse Brilliante by Chopin for guitar? I Recently saw Marc Teicholz play it ...(second piece in video) and would love to learn myself.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iAEBig2274s

The arrangement he plays is by Ricardo Iznoo and I believe is on this website http://mobile.iznaolaguitarworks.com/

But
For some reason I am unable to access this website.

I’d anyone has the arrangement they could give me or tell me where I can get one from would be great!

prawnheed

Re: Chopin for guitar

Post by prawnheed » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:22 pm

Try http://iznaolaguitarworks.com

It works without the mobile.

Rognvald

Post by Rognvald » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:01 pm

Hi, Red,
I just listened to the music until 2:24 and believe that the tempo, although perhaps correct, is too slow for a classical guitar. A piano has the ability to sustain the notes filling in the "quiet spaces" whereas a CG's sustain dies quickly leaving the listener with unnatural "empty spaces." I believe if you wanted to add this to your repertoire, you would need a livelier tempo and, perhaps, a more Jazz-like feel to the adagio sections. This, of course, is one of the problems with CG transcriptions of piano music. Playing again . . . Rognvald
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spake Zarathustra

andreas777

Post by andreas777 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:02 pm

21 selected pieces by Richard Yates contains an arrangement.
Happiness is when what you think what you say and what you do are in harmony.

redmcq

Post by redmcq » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:12 pm

Rognvald wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:01 pm
Hi, Red,
I just listened to the music until 2:24 and believe that the tempo, although perhaps correct, is too slow for a classical guitar. A piano has the ability to sustain the notes filling in the "quiet spaces" whereas a CG's sustain dies quickly leaving the listener with unnatural "empty spaces." I believe if you wanted to add this to your repertoire, you would need a livelier tempo and, perhaps, a more Jazz-like feel to the adagio sections. This, of course, is one of the problems with CG transcriptions of piano music. Playing again . . . Rognvald
Hi there, I’m not on about that piece. Im talking about the second he plays after 2:24

redmcq

Post by redmcq » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:13 pm

andreas777 wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:02 pm
Thanks I’ll check it out

redmcq

Post by redmcq » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:18 pm

prawnheed wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:22 pm
Try http://iznaolaguitarworks.com

It works without the mobile.
I’ve managed to get it to work now thanks !

soltirefa

Post by soltirefa » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:30 pm

Good Lord Almighty, that was an amazing performance. He plays most of it with his eyes closed, too. Big shifts and difficult passages and he's not even looking. Wow.

JohnB

Post by JohnB » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:25 am

Thanks for the link to the video

Out of curiosity I looked on YT for a performance of the Prelude on the piano and came across this remarkable recording by Cortot from back in 1933. Perhaps others with disagree but I find the performance almost shattering in its quiet intensity of expression.

[media]https://youtu.be/OkxKCW8nq0Y[/media]

Apologies for going off topic.
Hermanos Conde 1968, Stephen Frith 2007 "Guijoso"

Rognvald

Post by Rognvald » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:07 pm

JohnB wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:25 am
Thanks for the link to the video

Out of curiosity I looked on YT for a performance of the Prelude on the piano and came across this remarkable recording by Cortot from back in 1933. Perhaps others with disagree but I find the performance almost shattering in its quiet intensity of expression.

[media]https://youtu.be/OkxKCW8nq0Y[/media]

Apologies for going off topic.
Nice rendition, John. I haven't previously heard of Cortot. I'll check him out further. Playing again . . . Rognvald
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spake Zarathustra

JohnB

Post by JohnB » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:05 pm

Rognvald wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:07 pm
Nice rendition, John. I haven't previously heard of Cortot. I'll check him out further. Playing again . . . Rognvald
Cortot is one of those legendary figures whose playing many pianists have praised but who I have never before actually heard (even though I have been listening to classical music for more decades than I care to remember). I too will check him out further.

Out of interest, I found this on The Guardian's website where seven of the current leading classical pianists name a pianist they admire and write a summary of why - two (Stephen Hough and Angela Hewitt) chose Alfred Cortot. (Stephen Hough is particularly fulsome in his admiration of Cortot.) https://www.theguardian.com/culture/201 ... t-pianists

(The Guardian is one of the UKs "serious" print newspapers.)
Hermanos Conde 1968, Stephen Frith 2007 "Guijoso"

Rognvald

Post by Rognvald » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:30 pm

JohnB wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:05 pm
Rognvald wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:07 pm
Cortot is one of those legendary figures whose playing many pianists have praised but who I have never before actually heard (even though I have been listening to classical music for more decades than I care to remember). I too will check him out further.

Out of interest, I found this on The Guardian's website where seven of the current leading classical pianists name a pianist they admire and write a summary of why - two (Stephen Hough and Angela Hewitt) chose Alfred Cortot. (Stephen Hough is particularly fulsome in his admiration of Cortot.) https://www.theguardian.com/culture/201 ... t-pianists

(The Guardian is one of the UKs "serious" print newspapers.)

Thanks, John for the information. Playing again . . . Rognvald

Rognvald

Post by Rognvald » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:01 pm

The Guardian article on Alfred Cortot referenced by JohnB is certainly worth reading. Pianist Stephen Hough remarks in the article: "Cortot is sometimes referred to as the pianist who played lots of wrong notes. This is unfair, not just because he had a dazzling finger technique, but because he never allowed a striving for accuracy to distract him from the bigger picture. You can sometimes hear his mistakes, even in the first notes of pieces, but I find these fallible moments endearing: the pianist consumed by spiritual inspiration, oblivious of the physical risks involved." This is an important statement for all serious performers to consider since a performance is never judged by its technical accuracy but rather by what the artist has to say through his music. How many times have we listened to performance that is technically accurate but lacks feeling, inspiration and a connection to the human condition? Isn't it these attributes which have drawn us to music in the first place. To be moved and inspired? That is why it is important for CG's to listen to all good musicians and in turn, to become proficient thieves of the musical idiom and expression. Playing again . . . Rognvald

Michael.N.

Post by Michael.N. » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:48 pm

Years ago I had a record of Cortot playing Chopin. Even on the sleeve notes I think it said that folk would travel miles to hear him play wrong notes!
For Chopin that Em prelude is easy (and I'm only grade 2!). . . . yet so difficult to turn into music.
Historicalguitars.

Dave the Great

Post by Dave the Great » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:15 am

andreas777 wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:02 pm
Yeah, I'll second the Yates book... it's great.

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”