Duarte Prelude in C, Op 3 - looking for the music

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
JohnB

Duarte Prelude in C, Op 3 - looking for the music

Post by JohnB » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:37 pm

Back in the late 60s/early 70s I was given a copy of the hand written music of a "Prelude" by Jack (John W) Duarte by my then teacher (Mike Watson) who had been given it by Duarte, whom he knew. Presumably it was in Duarte's own fair hand and contained all the fingering, etc.

I've worked out that it was published as "Prelude in C, Op 3" in 1945 by Columbia, ref "CO 153". But that seems to be long out of print.

Very sadly, over the years the second page of my handwritten copy has gone missing and I would very much like to get hold of the sheet music for the piece. Does anyone have any idea of how it might be possible to get hold of a copy?

This is the first line of music:
Prelude 1st line.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hermanos Conde 1968, Stephen Frith 2007 "Guijoso", Christopher Dean 2018, Ana Maria Espinosa 2014

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”