Nesta Rua?

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
pacodeloco

Nesta Rua?

Post by pacodeloco » Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:55 pm

Hello, it's me again, pacodeloco.
Please, can anybody advise me with the following:
I have a recording of a nice melody called Nesta Rua. They claim in the recording that it is a composition of Villa Lobos, but on the other hand, I have heard that Nesta Rua is composed by Isaac (or Isaias) Savio?
Please, advice, whose the actual author of this and where can I get the tabs for it?
Or how about Armik's Guitar Romance? Or is this site only for pure classical guitarists?
Please, advice, or kick me out this website if I'm being too popular.
Thanks.

cardamomo

Post by cardamomo » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:03 pm

Hello Pacodeloco, I'm moving this thread to the right place, "Search of sheet music".

Have a nice day!
Cardamomo

cardamomo

Re: Nesta Rua?

Post by cardamomo » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:06 pm

pacodeloco wrote: Or how about Armik's Guitar Romance? Or is this site only for pure classical guitarists?
Yes, I was talking about Armik just yesterday. And I think he doesn't fit into this forum right for the reason you said. Not to mention the fact that he's copyrighted, pieces and sheets also.
Please, advice, or kick me out this website if I'm being too popular.
Thanks.
:lol: you're welcome here, Pacodeloco.

Cardamomo

Aaron Elkins

Post by Aaron Elkins » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:03 pm

Hello, Paco,
Yes, Nesa Rua's really pretty. The Student Repertoire Series, Vol 2, by Lawrence Ferrara, has the sheet music--but not the tabs--for it. Ferrara says it's a traditional Brazilian piece, the name of which means "In the Street."

hav

Post by hav » Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:47 am

hey pacodeloco :bye: and welcome to the forums!!

pacodeloco

Post by pacodeloco » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:28 am

acelkins wrote:Hello, Paco,
Yes, Nesa Rua's really pretty. The Student Repertoire Series, Vol 2, by Lawrence Ferrara, has the sheet music--but not the tabs--for it. Ferrara says it's a traditional Brazilian piece, the name of which means "In the Street."

Thanks acelkins!

I'll start looking for it! Sheet music ok also, more work, but this piece is worth it!
Probably the author is unknown then?!

norban

Post by norban » Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:18 pm

After having problems with the change of my Internet provider, I'm back again.

Now to the request of "Minha Rua", here an interesting site where you can download it and many others for a small amount, the first page of all pieces you select are provided. Also you can hear the midi.

http://www.theperfectscores.com/search/ ... mit=Search

Search for Teixeira.

Aaron Elkins

Post by Aaron Elkins » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:38 pm

Yes, Paco, my conclusion is that the composer is unknown. Ferrarra always provides an explanatory paragraph with each piece, and he would have indicated the composer if he were known.
Aaron

Aaron Elkins

Post by Aaron Elkins » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:42 pm

I checked the site that Norban referred to, and it's an interesting site, but Minha Rua is a completely different piece from Nesta Rua.

gtrjon

Post by gtrjon » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:29 pm

I just recorded Nesta Rua at home the other. I do that from time to time when I'm learning pieces. The version I have is a duet. I have it a book of easy duos called "Chansons Et Danses D'Amerique Latine". The only information on the piece, other than it being Brasilian, is what is written above the title: á Patrick Girardiére

None of the pieces credit composers, maybe because they are mainly folk songs.

norban

Post by norban » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:58 pm

acelkins wrote:I checked the site that Norban referred to, and it's an interesting site, but Minha Rua is a completely different piece from Nesta Rua.
Sorry, I mixed it up. But also have an easy version for 2 guitars (Traditional) like >gtrjon< but from another Publisher.

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”