Opinion wanted on Guitar Solo Sheet music on Pop Songs

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
curtis5611

Opinion wanted on Guitar Solo Sheet music on Pop Songs

Post by curtis5611 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:32 am

There are many pop-songs that will be interesting to play in classical guitar solo playing arrangment.

Songs like "Yesterday", "If", "If we hold on together" etc..

I am planning to arrange such songs into classical guitar solo pieces Grade 4 and above standard) and publish it.

Before doing so I have few questions:

1. Do you like to play such songs?
2. Would you pay for such sheet music? If yes, how much would you pay for each song?
3. Have you come across such song in the internet or in your local music store? If yes, would appreciate you provide the URL or the book title and the publisher.

Azalais

Post by Azalais » Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:38 pm

Look into copyright laws too... by definition, anything that is pop/contemporary is probably NOT in the public domain, so you will need to get permissions before you publish anything based on another composer's work.

AlfonsLievens

Post by AlfonsLievens » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:33 pm

Before doing so I have few questions:

1. Do you like to play such songs?
2. Would you pay for such sheet music? If yes, how much would you pay for each song?
3. Have you come across such song in the internet or in your local music store? If yes, would appreciate you provide the URL or the book title and the publisher.
Yes, I like to play such songs.
Yes, I pay for such sheet music. The price is not that much important if the music is good!
Yes, I came across such songs. I bought the books (not really popsongs) from Roland Dyens (Chansons Francaises 1 & 2 and Night and Day) and also the books from Cees Hartog, titled: Popsongs for Classical Guitar, vol.1,2,3,4. If you do an internet-search on Cees Hartog you certainly will locate them.

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”