Un Sueño en la Floresta

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Løød

Un Sueño en la Floresta

Post by Løød » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:46 pm

Hello there!

I had pretty much luck asking for Albeniz' Sevilla, so I would try
again(it's pretty nice with so helpful people, isn't it?) and ask
for Barrios' Un Sueño En La Floresta (A dream in the flowerbed)...

If anyone has this score, would that someone please send it to me?
- I'd be very glad, then!

Thanks in advance! :D

charlesivey

Post by charlesivey » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:58 pm

Edited ...

My statement below was partially in error. I'm sorry. Apparently Barrios' works are public domain... but a copyrighted book page is still protected material. I think one can share a score they produce of Barrios, but not a copy of a published book. Then again, I'm not an intellectual property lawyer, so I don't know all the facts of various laws.

I knew Barrios had no heirs (I read that right here at Delcamp) but I completely forgot this. My mistake.

Regards,

CI

Originally posted...

I understand your desire to have Barrios' beautiful score, but at the present time his works are all protected <edited=this prior statement is apparently wrong> and we strongly encourage the members of Delcamp not to violate copyrights.

The score is available through a publisher and it is best to simply purchase the music.

Thank you for understanding this important point.
Last edited by charlesivey on Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
CI

"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler" A. Einstein

norban

Post by norban » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:58 pm

If you can open Powertab-score, I'll send it.

Ooops...just as i was writing, charlesivey posted a warning. :pace:

nader

Post by nader » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:17 pm

Hi Lood I sent to you

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:50 am

Agustín Barrios Mangoré - Un Sueño en La Floresta

I thought there was a great deal made of the fact that Barrios' work is in the public domain? An exception of the rule?

Actually, there is a better definition in the Forum : Guitar Classes : Augustin Barrios Mangore : posted by Az;
Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:33 am Post subject:
Barrios died in 1944 without heirs... the music itself is not protected by copyright... but a PRINTED PUBLISHED version is... because the PUBLISHER holds a copyright... therefore no sharing of photocopies, scans, ec. from the printed sheets or books, etc.

If someone makes a midi file or hand-writes a version and offers it for public use, you can print your own sheet from that... Jose, maybe you can check the zip files on that site see if they are prints from the midi files, or if they are photo copies... thanks

Russ :)

JQ.

Post by JQ. » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:14 am

Russell wrote:I thought there was a great deal made of the fact that Barrios' work is in the public domain? An exception of the rule?
Indeed, there are a number of Barrios transcriptions by JFD himself available here for download. ("Sueño", however, doesn't appear to be one of them.)

Now, a scan of Richard Stover's transcription as published by Belwin Mills would fall under copyright. But that does not mean the piece might not be available (legitimately) from another source online.

charlesivey

Post by charlesivey » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:33 am

Sorry for my misstatement. Look at the edited statement above for a correction.
CI

"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler" A. Einstein

J-Man

Post by J-Man » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:49 am

Look under barrios Theres a copy there...........Its kinda crappy and I myself rather buy the score but here ya go anyway! :lol:

edit:woops my bad.

goen

Post by goen » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:01 am

Hi guys,
Have u visit this website: http://www.eythorsson.com ? There are many free solo classical guitar score in there. Also available in duet and trio.

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”