Searching for Irish music

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Passero

Searching for Irish music

Post by Passero » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:00 pm

Is there anybody who has sheetmusic of irish music. In the sheet music section i can only find greensleaves but i want more :)

If possible not to difficult becuase i am a beginner :).

You can always mail the sheet music to yannick "at" passero dot be or give me a link.

I now some site's where i can find a lot of tunes but they are not made for guitar. They is always only voice, no bass you see... That are more arrangemens for whistle, fiddle,...

jonasb2

Post by jonasb2 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:53 pm

There are a bunch of TURLOUGH O'CAROLAN pieces and misc celtic ones at

http://freetabs.org/folklore.htm

They are in tabedit format, so you will need to get the free player. Once you do, you can listen and print multiple copies (Notation and/or tabs).

Passero

Post by Passero » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:19 pm

Wow this site is so great... some of my favorite irish tunes are there... thx so much :)

nickeloid

Re: Searching for Irish music

Post by nickeloid » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:53 pm

Passero wrote:Is there anybody who has sheetmusic of irish music. In the sheet music section i can only find greensleaves but i want more :)
While not wishing to appear pedantic, I don't think Greensleeves is an Irish piece. More generally thought of as English I believe, though I could be wrong (it has been known!).

An excellent published source of Irish tunes is O'Neills Music of Ireland, though I cannot recall the publisher.

Passero

Post by Passero » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:56 pm

You are absolutly right.... Greensleeves is English... I must appoligize :)

norban

Post by norban » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:17 pm

Look for the site of "davyrogers dot com" :P

if the link isn't boycotted, you shuld see it here:

http://www.davyrogers.com/ :ivresse:

nickeloid

Irish music - O'Neills Music of Ireland

Post by nickeloid » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:35 am

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”