Looking for scores by Vincenzo Galilei

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
kampf

Looking for scores by Vincenzo Galilei

Post by kampf » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:28 am

I'm currently looking for the following scores by Vincenzo Galilei(c1530-1591);

Bianco fiore;
Danza;
Gagliarda;
Se io m'accorgo

Thanks ,
Kampf

pogmoor

Vincenzio Galilei

Post by pogmoor » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:18 am

There's a lute intabulation of the song Bianco fiore by Cesar Negri that Karl Scheit transcribed for guitar. It's published by Universal Edition and appears in more than one of their anthologies. I'm not aware of a version by VG. Also not by VG is Se io m'accorgo (Anon) which also appears in several anthologies (including International Anthology by Alexander Bellow - Franco Columbo Publications; googling the title also leads to the possibility that there's a Noad arrangement of it, but I haven't seen it.) The Bellow anthology also contains a couple of pieces that are by VG, but not the one's you want which have such non specific tiles that they are not readily identifiable. I guess if you found a facsimile of 'Il Fronimo, Dialogo' (1569) in which VG pulished his work you'd find several pieces with those titles.
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Lester Backshall (2008), Ramirez (Guitarra del Tiempo 2017),
Yamaha (SLG 130NW silent classical guitar 2014).

pogmoor

Post by pogmoor » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:54 am

I just followed a link on another post on this site and found a site by Jan-Olof Ericksson. He's got an arrangment of Bianco Fiore here <http://staff.mh.luth.se/joer/pdf/7lutep-no1-2.pdf>
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Lester Backshall (2008), Ramirez (Guitarra del Tiempo 2017),

kampf

Post by kampf » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:23 am

pogmoor wrote:I just followed a link on another post on this site and found a site by Jan-Olof Ericksson. He's got an arrangment of Bianco Fiore here <http://staff.mh.luth.se/joer/pdf/7lutep-no1-2.pdf>

thanks for your time an effort.

kampf

pogmoor

Post by pogmoor » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:18 pm

kampf wrote: thanks for your time and effort.
You're welcome :D
Eric from GuitarLoot

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”