Abel Armrest in Germany

Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists, Aches and Pains, Injuries, etc...
rojarosguitar

Re: Abel Armrest in Germany

Post by rojarosguitar » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:15 am

Why don't you order one from Germany?
Music is a big continent with different landscapes and corners. Some of them I do visit frequently, some from time to time and some I know from hearsay only ...
My Youtube Channel is: TheMusicalEvents

markodarko

Post by markodarko » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:05 am

I contacted the company and Andreas replied very promptly with a shop in the UK which stocks them - Stafford Guitars. I shall place my order today. Yey! :-D

EDIT: order placed. Looking forward to better circulation in my arm when doing long practices! Currently, anything over 2 hrs becomes uncomfortable unless I angle the guitar and so I have to take little breaks (which is not a bad thing in itself, but being forced to take them because of circulation is different) every 20 minutes or so. I'm hoping this will help that.
Negative, I am a meat popsicle.

Patona

Post by Patona » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:55 am

I`ve had the Abel armrest for a few month. I can play with a very comfortable position. It `s a very close connection without suction cups. I`ve no more problems with edge or angle of the guitar with my forearm. This armrest is the best I ever tried. The other lie in the closet.
"Don’t try to calm the ocean. Learn to swim between the waves."

Boguslav Teryks Doubletop. spruce-cedar
Hanika 1A/PF, spruce
Ramirez 1a, 1972, cedar

rwe

Post by rwe » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:42 am

I use the Abel armrest since summer 2015, not everyday, but mostly. I have no circulation problems but long arms and the armrest leads to a better hand position with a higher angle. (But I have no experience with other armrests.)

Ledhand75

Post by Ledhand75 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:52 am

I have the Abel Armrest. It is well made, but for whatever reason, I can’t get it to fit securely on my guitars.

I am a huge fan of the hard to find Luva sleeve. These are very comfortably padded, feel completely natural, and do no damage to the guitar whatsoever. I find a significant benefit in terms of tone production, right hand speed, and lack of fatigue, due to the absence of forearm muscle compression that is caused by the edge of the guitar. An added bonus is protection of water soluble French polished finishes.

Since you simply slip it over your forearm, they are instantly adaptable to various instruments.

I don’t know if they are still being produced, but are still available at GuitarWeb-Shop in Switzerland, I believe. They are delightful people to deal with, and shipping to the US is no problem.

Return to “Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists”