Traveler Ultra Light Nylon guitar

Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists, Aches and Pains, Injuries, etc...
CarlWestman

Follow Up

Post by CarlWestman » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:35 pm

Reviving this thread - couple questions.

With respect to those straps/sashes that you sometimes see attached to an endpin and the guitarist sits on it (which I referenced earlier with the theorbo, but they're not just for that instrument), where can you buy such a thing? Or are they essentially home-made?

Also, on amaz*n dot com, there was a recent positive review of the Traveler Ultra Light Nylon in which the reviewer said, "By reversing the lap bar and hooking my strap to the end of it, I was able to get the guitar neck positioned the same as my classical guitar."

I wonder what they meant by that? Any ideas? I wonder if they might be holding the RH end over the right leg, like Aguado:

http://www.earlyromanticguitar.com/erg/pics/Aguado.jpg

But it still doesn't quite make sense, though, if you compare the curve of the leg rest on the Traveler Ultra Light with the guitar shape Aguado has there.

A little DIY photo editing (attached) shows what the Ultra Light might look like with a reversed lap bar:

I'm still puzzled. I'd love to know how to use such a portable, well-scaled, yet oddly-shaped guitar in classical position.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Laudiesdad69

Re: Traveler Ultra Light Nylon guitar

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:50 pm

The luthier, Roscoe Wright, makes the Soloettes. He has done work for me in the past, and is a great guy and makes a quality product in the Soloette. I haven’t tried any travel guitar that equals it. And yes, they are kind of expensive. But, they are worth it. He really got it right with that one.

Return to “Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists”