- Brand new Douglass Scott Concert guitar
- Year of construction: 2017
- Scale length: 650mm
- Nut width: 52mm
- With elevated fingerboard
- Top: Euro spruce
- Back / Sides: Euro Maple
- Bridge, back panel, bindings, head veneer: Amazon rosewood
- Fingerboard: ebony
- Tuners: Alessi
- Finish: French polish
- Price: $7100 CAD, currently converts to about $5600 USD
- Viewing / trial possible: Yes
- Location: Ladysmith BC, near Nanaimo, Victoria, Vancouver
I have made a fair number of maple guitars in the past, and quite a few in the past couple of years. I really have enjoyed exploring the sound of maple and over the summer wanted to make one more, here it is - the first guitar I've built on spec in a few years. Like all my instruments it's traditionally built, solid top, fan bracing, etc.. Its voice is super loud and sustaining, with round warm singing trebles, firm mid range, and really deep strong bass, with some of the pretty dryness or purity of tone that maple imparts.
More photos etc on my website: http://www.scottclassicalguitars.com/available_now.html
Anything I forgot to mention? Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.