US $..925 Hiroshi Komori model 15 spruce 1984, Mississauga, Canada

Post by spronev » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:39 am

1984s Hiroshi Komori (model 15) Classical Guitar
Solid Spruce Top
Solid Indian Rosewood Back and Sides
Ebony Fingerboard
650 mm Scale Length
Bone Nut and Saddle

This guitar is a rare find. Hiroshi Komori learned the guitar-making craft in the workshop of Masaru Kohno (one of the most notable Japanese luthiers) in the 1960s and early 1970s. Then he opened his own shop in 1973 and kept making very high quality hand-made guitars until he retired in 2007. Newer guitars from his shop (made in the 2000s) cost several times more than the one I'm selling here even though they have Indian Rosewood for the back and sides. This is a luthier-made instrument as opposed to a factory-made one and it’s truly at a concert level.

This guitar is model 15, which means that in the mid 1984 its sale price was 150,000 Yen in Japan. This is the same as Masaru Kohno model 15 from around the same time. In terms of sound and build quality they are equal. Hiroshi Komori maintained the more traditional guitar construction that he learned in the 1960s from Masaru Kohno and this is the reason his guitars sound more like the mid to late 1960s Masaru Kohno guitars. Kohno changed his design in the late 1960s and most people who have tried both (me included) prefer the earlier year Kohno guitars to the ones from the 1970s. This Hiroshi Komori model 15 guitar is just like an earlier Kohno in all aspects but at the fraction of the price.

The guitar is in excellent condition with no cracks, and very few small marks on the top and body which are hard to show in the pictures. There is a bit of unevenness in the finish around the center seam of the guitar on the top but no separation or crack can be seen there. The guitar will come in a hard shell case in good condition with working latches and handle.

The guitar has a really nice warm and beautiful sound that represents its traditional Spanish construction. The sound is even string to string and up and down the neck and has excellent clarity and separation as well as depth and bell-like trebles that don’t face at any position on the fretboard.

The action setup makes it easy to play (it has a setup of 4 mm on the bass side and under 3 mm on the treble side at the 12-th fret). There is no buzzing and no playability issues anywhere along the neck. The frets are in perfect shape and have been polished and the fingerboard conditioned. The neck is straight and the frets are level.

The guitar will come with a set of Augustine Classic Black low tension strings. These are some of the most generic nylon strings available and are played by many guitarists world-wide. This guitar does not need carbon strings to sound great. Please listen to the sound sample on youtube using the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOTiPmmkims

I will only accept PayPal for payment. I will ship to Canada and the Continental United States. The guitar will be shipped in its hard shell case well packed with strings loosened. I have bought and sold a long list of classical guitars over the years, so buy with confidence.

Shipping: $80 USD to Canada and the Continental United States.

Customs Fees: If shipped to the United States the buyer is responsible for any customs fees. In my experience customs fees are very rarely assessed for guitars that I have shipped to the United States from Canada. I sell guitars all the time and I don`t remember when was the last time that happened as it has happened very few times.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sharkbait

Re: US $..925 Hiroshi Komori model 15 spruce 1984, Mississauga, Canada

Post by Sharkbait » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:57 am

Looks very good & affordably priced. Good luck with the sale!

spronev

Post by spronev » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:01 pm

This guitar is now sold! Please move to archives.

Svilen

simonm

Post by simonm » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:05 pm

Congratulations to both. Looked like a great deal to me. :-)

Return to “Archives of past "Classical Guitars for Sale"”