US $.1800 Kenny Hill Madrid cedar 1998, Mississauga, Canada (SOLD)

spronev

US $.1800 Kenny Hill Madrid cedar 1998, Mississauga, Canada (SOLD)

Post by spronev » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:06 am

1998 Kenny Hill Madrid (Ramirez 1A copy) Classical Guitar for sale
Solid Cedar Top
Solid Indian Rosewood Back and Sides
Neck with Ebony Reinforcement
Bone Nut and Bone Saddle
650mm Scale Length

This is an amazing Ramirez 1A copy guitar built in Kenny Hill’s shop before construction moved to China. It also bears Kenny Hill’s signature. New Kenny Hill guitars with a signature sell for several times more than this guitar and even the ones made in China with the Madrid model (that have no signature) sell new for more than this guitar. This guitar was built in Paracho or in California and either way, it doesn’t really matter as the same people worked in both shops. They were all very well trailed luthiers and it shows in the build quality of the guitar.

The exterior is very well finished with great level of detail in the finish, color scheme and decoration and it matches the exterior or a vintage Ramirez 1A with nothing omitted. The interior of the guitar has the look and feel of a luthier-built guitar with smooth braces and surfaces, no excess glue and internal construction that is the same as the original Ramirez 1A guitars from the 1970s/1980s.

The condition of the guitar is excellent as well with only a few minor marks on the top that I have shown in the pictures. The neck is straight and the action is set at 2.8 mm on the 1st string and 3.8 mm on the 6th string at the 12th fret. The saddle sticks out about 1.5 mm on the treble side and about 3.0 mm on the bass side, so there is still room to lower it further if desired. The nut is 54 mm wide to match that of the original Ramirez 1A guitars and the height of the strings at the nut is just right. The frets are in great shape and are level, crowned, and polished. The tuners are in like-new condition and work flawlessly. With this setup and the 650 mm scale, the guitar plays significantly easier than the original Ramirez 1A guitars, which had 664 mm scale length and high action with no saddle left to lower it.

The guitar has the typical Spanish sound of a Ramirez 1A with deep powerful bass and clear singing trebles that balance well with the bass. It sounds better than most original Ramirez 1A guitars I have played. If you are looking for a vintage Ramirez 1A and cannot afford to spend 5 to 10 thousand on one, this guitar is a great alternative at a fraction of the price. Kenny Hill makes great guitars and this one is from a time before guitar building became generic and was outsourced to China, so you cannot go wrong with it.

The guitar will come with a set of Augustine Classic Black nylon strings. These are among the most generic nylon strings available and allow the guitar to bring out its voice without coloring it. This guitar does not need carbon strings to sound great. It has more than enough volume and clarity with the most basic nylon strings.

For a sound sample of this exact guitar, please see the following video on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWIKYi4kDEg

I will only accept PayPal for payment. I will ship to Canada and the Continental United States. The guitar will be shipped well packed with strings loosened in a TKL high-quality hard shell case in excellent condition. I have bought and sold a long list of classical guitars over the years, so buy with confidence.

Shipping: $80 USD (Canada Post: 4-6 Business Days)

Customs Fees: If shipped to the United States the buyer is responsible for any customs fees. In my experience customs fees are very rarely assessed for guitars that I have shipped to the United States from Canada. I sell guitars all the time and I don`t remember when was the last time that happened as it has happened very few times.
Last edited by spronev on Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

spronev

Re: US $.1800 Kenny Hill Madrid cedar 1998, Mississauga, Canada

Post by spronev » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:20 pm

Adding the images again... They disappeared somewhere into the void.

Svilen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

spronev

Re: US $.1800 Kenny Hill Madrid cedar 1998, Mississauga, Canada (SOLD)

Post by spronev » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:38 am

This guitar is now sold. Please move to archives.

Svilen

oski79

Re: US $.1800 Kenny Hill Madrid cedar 1998, Mississauga, Canada (SOLD)

Post by oski79 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:39 am

Congrats to buyer and seller!
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

Return to “Archives of past "Classical Guitars for Sale"”