Type / luthier: classical / Ramirez 1a
- Year of construction: 1984
- Scale length (mm): 650
- Nut width (mm): 54
- Top: cedar
- Bracing (fan/lattice/other): 6 parallel + diagonal
- Back / Sides: Indian rosewood
- Fingerboard / (bridge): ebony / Brazilian rosewood
- Sound: Warm, full Ramirez tone.
- Condition: Overall excellent. Several repaired cracks on the top (see photos).
- Price: US $3000
- Viewing / trial possible: Yes, PM me.
- Location (nearest city): Boston, MA USA
Local US sale only for now.
This was my principal guitar from the mid '80s. Frank Hasselbacher reworked the fingerboard to make it a more easily playable instrument.
The action is 3.2mm/4.4mm.
Several years ago, I put a small hole in the top which has been repaired along with a few minor surface cracks. No cleats or splices. The instrument plays and sounds beautiful, but the top does not look pristine. See photos for closeups.
This is a fine guitar at a really good price, reduced to reflect appearance.
Comes with original excellent double arch, six latch, hardshell case with padded cover.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"…that all-pervading talisman of Spanish pleasure, the guitar." -Washington Irving