- Type / luthier: Kris Barnett Classical Guitar
- Year of construction: 2014
- Scale length: 650mm
- Nut width: 52mm (nut) , 62mm (12th fret)
- Top: Western Red Cedar
- Bracing: Lattice
- Back / Sides: Brazilian Rosewood (arched/braceless)
- Fingerboard / Bridge: Ebony / Brazilian Rosewood
- Sound: Very dark, great volume and separation. Very playable and wonderfully resonant and full basses.
- Condition: Very Good - light playing wear, guitar recently repolished.
- Price: $.4950 USD
- Viewing possible: Yes
- Location: New Haven, CT
This is one of Kris' later generation "phi" bracing guitars in very good condition and no waitlist. I believe Kris is making some of the best guitars in this price range. This particular Barnett has all of the upgraded features that aren't included in his base models, so you get an impressive and uncommon amount of quality for the price: Brazilian Rosewood, an elevated and bound fingerboard, a soundport, a two-way truss rod, upgraded Sloane tuners, a 12-hole tie block, and a detachable magnetic armrest. I am also including a free Hiscox Liteflight Pro II case (~$280 value).
I am reluctantly selling this fantastic instrument and have been its sole owner. I got lucky and purchased it ready-made after hearing rave reviews of Barnett's new "phi" bracing guitars at the 2014 GFA showcase. After years of enjoyment and performing on it, I've sadly concluded that I need guitars with custom dimensions for my hand size and am having a new instrument built.
Message me to discuss further. Happy holidays.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by thesixthfret2 on Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.