US $.2750 (reduced) Masaru Kohno No.4 spruce 1966, Washington DC

powermrk
Posts: 205
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:35 am

Re: US $.3500 OBO Masaru Kohno No.4 spruce 1966, Washington DC

Post by powermrk » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:12 am

rinneby wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:56 am
powermrk wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:06 am
Hi, is the bracing pattern as same as the one that Kohno won the competition in 1967?
Most likely yes! But that is of course impossible to tell, the 1967 guitar that won the competition is no where to be found.

It's actually crazy that this guitar isn't sold yet!

/Jon
But, didn't Kohno have only ONE bracing pattern during those time period?

User avatar
rinneby
Posts: 1655
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:52 am
Location: Sweden

Re: US $.3500 OBO Masaru Kohno No.4 spruce 1966, Washington DC

Post by rinneby » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:49 pm

powermrk wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:12 am
rinneby wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:56 am
powermrk wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:06 am
Hi, is the bracing pattern as same as the one that Kohno won the competition in 1967?
Most likely yes! But that is of course impossible to tell, the 1967 guitar that won the competition is no where to be found.

It's actually crazy that this guitar isn't sold yet!

/Jon
But, didn't Kohno have only ONE bracing pattern during those time period?
Who knows, nobody can know... Every guitar is different anyway, bracing pattern or not.

/J
Feel free to ask me anything about Japanese classical guitars.

singlechange
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:22 pm
Location: Washington, D.C. metropolitan area

Re: US $.3500 OBO Masaru Kohno No.4 spruce 1966, Washington DC

Post by singlechange » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:56 pm

Arash, sorry but no sound clip available. Shipping international, especially for expensive guitars, are just fraught with too much risk and worries for me, though I have experience with inexpensive (less that $200) guitars shipping from U.K. small shop which was $50 and fast.

tkoehler1
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:42 am

Re: US $.3500 OBO Masaru Kohno No.4 spruce 1966, Washington DC

Post by tkoehler1 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:17 am

rinneby wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:56 am

Most likely yes! But that is of course impossible to tell, the 1967 guitar that won the competition is no where to be found.

It's actually crazy that this guitar isn't sold yet!

/Jon
Not to sideline this fine thread but I've always wondered which Kohno won in 1967. Does anyone know what number it was? Spruce top I assume?

Very curious.
Last edited by tkoehler1 on Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

singlechange
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:22 pm
Location: Washington, D.C. metropolitan area

Re: US $.3500 OBO Masaru Kohno No.4 spruce 1966, Washington DC

Post by singlechange » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:37 am

I recall reading somewhere that it was a 1961 Kohno that won in 1967 and that guitar is now in a museum in Belgium.

User avatar
rinneby
Posts: 1655
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:52 am
Location: Sweden

Re: US $.3500 OBO Masaru Kohno No.4 spruce 1966, Washington DC

Post by rinneby » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:30 am

singlechange wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:37 am
I recall reading somewhere that it was a 1961 Kohno that won in 1967 and that guitar is now in a museum in Belgium.
Interesting... Never heard such thing and I don't believe it either :)

/Jon
Feel free to ask me anything about Japanese classical guitars.

singlechange
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:22 pm
Location: Washington, D.C. metropolitan area

Re: US $.3500 OBO Masaru Kohno No.4 spruce 1966, Washington DC

Post by singlechange » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:19 pm

Moderator: Kindly change the price now to U.S. $2,750.00.

singlechange
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:22 pm
Location: Washington, D.C. metropolitan area

Re: US $.2750 (reduced) Masaru Kohno No.4 spruce 1966, Washington DC

Post by singlechange » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:12 pm

The Kohno is sold.
Moderator: Please archive this listing.

User avatar
rinneby
Posts: 1655
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:52 am
Location: Sweden

Re: US $.2750 (reduced) Masaru Kohno No.4 spruce 1966, Washington DC

Post by rinneby » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:16 pm

Way too cheap, waaaaaaay too cheap...

Congrats anyway!

/J
Feel free to ask me anything about Japanese classical guitars.

Tom
Posts: 1466
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:40 am

Re: US $.2750 (reduced) Masaru Kohno No.4 spruce 1966, Washington DC

Post by Tom » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:16 am

Congrat to the new owner, i have a 64 Kono and i will never be selling that. You are lucky to get this guitar.

User avatar
chelson
Posts: 517
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:21 pm
Location: Singapore

Re: US $.2750 (reduced) Masaru Kohno No.4 spruce 1966, Washington DC

Post by chelson » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:33 am

Tom wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:16 am
Congrat to the new owner, i have a 64 Kono and i will never be selling that. You are lucky to get this guitar.
Bro, I asked but no no shipment out of States to Singapore leh. Else, we can lim kopi and compare. LOL!
Without heart and desire, talent is nothing.

Tom
Posts: 1466
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:40 am

Re: US $.2750 (reduced) Masaru Kohno No.4 spruce 1966, Washington DC

Post by Tom » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:49 pm

chelson wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:33 am
Tom wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:16 am
Congrat to the new owner, i have a 64 Kono and i will never be selling that. You are lucky to get this guitar.
Bro, I asked but no no shipment out of States to Singapore leh. Else, we can lim kopi and compare. LOL!
I got mine at much much lower price than this one.

This one i see there seems to be a repaired crack at the center below the bridge, honestly i will avoid such guitar if the bridge can potential be at risk.

Return to “Archives of past "Classical Guitars for Sale"”