Tárrega, Francisco - Lágrima - D05

Audio and video recordings of the works of Francisco Tárrega.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Tárrega, Francisco - Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Tárrega, Francisco - Lágrima - D05 Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
F (i Li) P

Tárrega, Francisco - Lágrima - D05

Post by F (i Li) P » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:20 pm

Hi... As I'm quite new to CG (about 9 moths since I started) I just recently heard about Tarrega's Lagrima... "What's all this fuss about Lagrima?" I asked myself... then I listened to some recordings watched some videos on youtube and... :shock: ... beeuuutiiiifuuuul :tear-falls-of-cheek: (that's an emoticon :wink: )...

so anyway I printed my very own Lagrima sheet and started playing... and here I am posting my first interpretation of this WONDERFUL piece...

there's only one more thing I have to say: the day I printed Lagrima was 24 september 2006 (yesterday :wink: ) ... sooooo... sorry for all the mistakes... I know I could have played it some more, study it some more and come with something better, but I just got all excited and happy, that I just HAD too post (you know that feeling?) :wink: ... and also the strings are old (VERY old)... sorry for that too ...

bla bla bla... enough talk... this just gets my to a higher level of nervousness...

what do you think ? ... oh yeah... almost forgot: criticize !!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by F (i Li) P on Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

F (i Li) P

Re: Francisco Tarrega - Lagrima

Post by F (i Li) P » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:25 pm

F (i Li) P wrote:*** boycotted link because does not respect copyright ***
but there was no link... just a name :? ... ???

CGR

Post by CGR » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:45 pm

Good job Filip. I like your rendition; inspiring dynamics and... well played after just one day. :)

I have been working on this for a week now and I am not satisfied with what I can get from it

trophy

Post by trophy » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:35 pm

Hi F (i Li) P, very nice playing, but in the beginning of the B-Part the "g-c-h-e" Notes i would play a little bit slower. Otherwise the Tempo, Sound and Feeling is ok. Greetings from Trophy

mika

Post by mika » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:42 pm

F (i Li) P wrote: the day I printed Lagrima was 24 september 2006 (yesterday :wink: ) ... sooooo... sorry for all the mistakes...
..is it real? It's a very difficult piece, respect F (i Li) P!

The second part you must play slower , because the piece called 'one tear'. :cry:
- just my opinion. :wink:

trophy

Post by trophy » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:30 pm

Hi Mika, i regret the misunderstanding, i have allways great respect of Filip´s Work. i would have to say that the keynote G to C in the beginning of Part B that was a little bit to fast to the rest of Part B. It is more melancolic when its play a little bit slower. by respect of the composer and respect to the player when i give a helpful suggestion. Very Greetings to all Trophy
F (i Li) P wrote:what do you think ? ... oh yeah... almost forgot: criticize !!!
mika wrote:The second part you must play slower

flycatcher

Post by flycatcher » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:32 pm

Good try.

F (i Li) P

Post by F (i Li) P » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:04 pm

thank you CGR, Trophy, Mika & Fly (you don't mind me calling you that, do you? :wink: ) for your kind comments... I will try to play it as you said, with the B part slower, and maybe come back after a while with another recording ... thank you !!!

wolfgang

Post by wolfgang » Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:29 pm

Hey F (i Li) P, excellent playing. I have heard an played it 500 times but still like this lovely piece.

Mind one little advice: lift your index finger when you play the first section. I normaly just slide on the high e string and try to lift the finger to avoid noise.

But, well. BRAVO!!!! :applauso:

Wolfgang

F (i Li) P

Post by F (i Li) P » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:05 pm

Hey Wolfgang... thank you for listening... and thank you for the great advice... I'll give it a go right now... see ya ! :D

wolfgang

Post by wolfgang » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:03 pm

And, Filip, if you are able to play Lagrima after just one day, which is simply stunning :shock: after so short time of playing (I think it took me a month or so after I was satisfied with my performance) it is now time to post your version of RDLA 8) If you post yours I post mine :grire: But I have to keep valium ready for Clemens ............

Wolfgang

Løød

Post by Løød » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:27 pm

wollfang wrote:But I have to keep valium ready for Clemens
Ha! As if valium would keep him just a little quiet - I think a stun gun would be more appropriate (no offense on your interpretation - but you know him. :))

Filip: Very nicely done after just one day - indeed!! This can get really, really good with some more practice. You got the technique and the feeling - just remember practice makes perfect! Post again in a week or two, and I'm sure it'll be a kick-ass performance.

Again, I must express (that's hard with words) how impressed I am that you got it this good after just one day.

...And changing the strings wouldn't make the sound worse...

:D

F (i Li) P

Post by F (i Li) P » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:42 pm

thank you Wolfgang and Løød for your kind comments... As I said before and as Løød also sugested, I'm planing on another recording of Lagrima... I don't know how much a "kick-ass performance" it will be, but I'll do my best :D

Wolfgang... I'm not quite comfortable with the thought of me posting RDLA, yet... But don't worry... It WILL come... just a matter of time (a somewhat BIG matter of time :wink:)... meanwhile, why don't you post yours? It will really help me and it will also haste my progress :lol: ...

and Løød... I know, changing the strings wouldn't make the sound worse, but also, it wouldn't make my "crowded" wallet any heavier :grire:

fruemann

Post by fruemann » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:25 am

:D You play it very good!
I want to learn this peace, too.

Løød

Post by Løød » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:31 pm

F (i Li) P wrote: and Løød... I know, changing the strings wouldn't make the sound worse, but also, it wouldn't make my "crowded" wallet any heavier :grire:
Perhaps you wouldn't be richer (in a having-a-heavy-wallet-manner), but think of it as an investment! You invest in life quality - there's no such thing as new strings! :D

Return to “Our recordings of Francisco Tárrega”