Tárrega, Francisco - ¡Adelita! Mazurka - D07

Audio and video recordings of the works of Francisco Tárrega.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Tárrega, Francisco - Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Tárrega, Francisco - Lágrima - D05 Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
simon

Tárrega, Francisco - ¡Adelita! Mazurka - D07

Post by simon » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:03 pm

here is my rendition of this beautiful piece.

cheers
Simon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Roger Allan 1937 Hauser + Zoom H4 + GTP3 = Hours of Fun !!!

owl

Post by owl » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:27 pm

Just beautiful Simon :flowers:
Gorgeous tone as always :casque:
:merci: for this old favourite

Joy in the music

Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

jimfauni

Post by jimfauni » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:32 am

:applauso: A beautiful rendition of one of my favorite Tarrega pieces.

Simon, please don't take this as a criticism all. I tried to play along with your recording and I noticed that your guitar was tuned a little flatter than mine. Was this intentional?

I've been studying and practicing this piece for a while now and hopefully I'd be able to share a recording in a month. I also noticed that there are some variations between your recording and the sheet music available from this site. An example is the 3rd measure. You play the melody B-C and so on, instead of C-B ... from the sheet music.

Thank you for sharing, Simon

Jim :)

simon

Post by simon » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:23 am

hi jim

yeah my guitar was a little flat no doubt down to the fact of one month old strings that have had a lot of use.

i wondered when someone was going to mention the variation from the score in bar 3. i played this from memory having learnt it many moons ago and for some reason i played it this way instead of what was in the score. i decided to post it anyway because that take captured the emotion and feeling of the piece very well. the moral of the story....check your scores periodically even if you have been playing the piece for years, you might find subtle differences. :roll:

thanks for your comments

best wishes

Simon
Roger Allan 1937 Hauser + Zoom H4 + GTP3 = Hours of Fun !!!

GuitarTim

Post by GuitarTim » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:57 pm

simon wrote:i wondered when someone was going to mention the variation from the score in bar 3...<snip>... i decided to post it anyway because that take captured the emotion and feeling of the piece very well.
Simon, first of all, the quality of the recording is excellent, even superb - you obviously know quite a bit about the act of recording itself. And I agree with you - this rendition captures the emotion and drama of the piece that I just love. I would definitely have mentioned the score variations, tho... I have to say I found that they distracted me from an otherwise very enjoyable experience, but this is purely because this has always been one of my main pieces, and I'm an old dude - not easily unseated from years of habit. Anyone else listening to it would probably not even notice, and would enjoy them if they did. Nice work!

My only other comment... and I'm going to reference the first two notes of the melody as an example (the first two descending notes) - are you playing (picking) each note with your right hand? I've always played those notes as left-hand slurs. If you're slurring them, that's the most precise pull-off I've ever heard... (I'm just curious)

Return to “Our recordings of Francisco Tárrega”