Tárrega, Francisco - ¡Adelita! Mazurka - D07 Video

Audio and video recordings of the works of Francisco Tárrega.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Tárrega, Francisco - Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Tárrega, Francisco - Lágrima - D05 Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
hav

Post by hav » Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:56 am

yes yes - agreed!! the "simple" tunes offer challenges as well - and usually to my weakest point - musicallity!! Not that I'v a good technician these days either - but I can probably move my hands better than I can bring out what I hear in my head :( There was a line from Mash (the series) - Winchester said something like "... I can play the notes ... but I can't make the music..." or something similar --- I knew then and I STILL know what he meant!!

Michael

Post by Michael » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:59 am

hav wrote:yes yes - agreed!! the "simple" tunes offer challenges as well - and usually to my weakest point - musicallity!! Not that I'v a good technician these days either - but I can probably move my hands better than I can bring out what I hear in my head :( There was a line from Mash (the series) - Winchester said something like "... I can play the notes ... but I can't make the music..." or something similar --- I knew then and I STILL know what he meant!!
This is a very good point, Horace, and hits the nail on the head. Particularly where I am concerned. My new teacher says that I am there (well, almost) from a technical point of view, but he needs to bring 'musicality' out of me. My weakest point too!

He is going to have one hell of a job doing it... ha ha!!
All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.
(Frank Zappa)

jarods

Post by jarods » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:45 pm

very nice hav, good feeling and well done ... I love tarrega music !

MurrayK

Post by MurrayK » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:44 pm

Hi Horace,

I've just watched your video a few times and enjoyed it very much. I often use other peoples interpretations of pieces to help me with my own expression. Generally I'll end up with some sort of combination of the bits I like.

Anyway, just wanted to say that having a video to refer to will be a great help to me with this piece.

Thankyou :D
Regards
Murray

hav

Post by hav » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:47 pm

Hey MurrayK - glad to help (if help they can possibly be) - I don;t particularly care for any of my vids of Adelita - but there is a newer one on the junk pages listed as a tarrega medly - just FYI.

Abd El Ghani AZZI

Post by Abd El Ghani AZZI » Sun May 14, 2006 2:18 pm

Hats off!
Many thanks Mister Horace (Kicker) Vallas...
Hats on!
(Kept looking for the hidden (must be one) smile on a face that must have faced much...)
Many thanks for this beauty handout...we need that...
:)

Alhambra

Post by Alhambra » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:39 am

:bravo:

Return to “Our recordings of Francisco Tárrega”