Tárrega, Francisco - Lágrima - D05

Audio and video recordings of the works of Francisco Tárrega.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Tárrega, Francisco - Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Tárrega, Francisco - Lágrima - D05 Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
MarkJ

Tárrega, Francisco - Lágrima - D05

Post by MarkJ » Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:10 am

Well, this my first attempt at using the computer to turn a DAT recording into an audio file using the suggested Lame tool. Since lots of folks have posted this piece I thought it would be a good place to start. This is the first attempt at recording it and I had not played it in a while. So let me know if the audio quality is good - I know I didn't play it that well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hav

Post by hav » Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:00 am

Hey MarkJ - actually - that's not bad at all - especially for not having played it in a while -- little rough here and there but nothing terrible and easily cured with about 3 more run throughs I bet!! It IS largo afterall :D

and whatever "lame" software you were using worked VERY well - that's a terrific recording quality for sure!!

MarkJ

Post by MarkJ » Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:21 pm

Thanks Hav - by the way, I found your web site last year when I was surfing for classical guitar videos and have been periodically visiting to watch new videos as you post them. Great Site! I really enjoy your playing and I think you don't give yourself enough credit (a bit too self deprecating). Also, I enjoy reading your posts here. A good mic into a digital camcorder would result in a better quality video, but I really do like your playing. I hope you will post the score for the Chopin piece - I would like to learn it.

hav

Post by hav » Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:42 pm

email me markJ - it's not mine to post but I'll mail you a copy

p.s. I appreciate the kind words but there are some really goob players here and they really deserve such words - once upon a time I could play - I admit that - but what I do now is surely not up to any "real" standard and even my musicianship has, apparently, been lost or severly degraded - I'm probably ok compared to someone who does not and has never played :-) but we all know that my playing now is still very "wannabe" -- it realy is just something I do to pass the time - it's either that or talk to myself :-)) and , at least half ot the time I just don;t understand what the HECK I'm talking about --- so plinking around on the guitar is better :D

cardamomo

Post by cardamomo » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:09 pm

Good work, MarkJ!

Yes it is a largo, and (even if not wanted) the first pause is just perfect with a piece like this!

Thank you! and :bravo:

Cardamomo

cardamomo

Post by cardamomo » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:11 pm

hav wrote:p.s. I appreciate the kind words but there are some really goob players here and they really deserve such words - once upon a time I could play - I admit that - but what I do now is surely not up to any "real" standard and even my musicianship has, apparently, been lost or severly degraded
You see, Hav?!?! Mark's absolutely right: you don't give enough credit to yourself!
and , at least half ot the time I just don;t understand what the HECK I'm talking about --- so plinking around on the guitar is better :D
:grire: :grire:

Cardamomo

angelique

Post by angelique » Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:03 pm

markJ you played this with expression and feeling. really enjoyed. u rock dear :)

rosetta

Post by rosetta » Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:13 pm

MarkJ,

I also went the DAT-to-MP3 route in my "Lágrima" post in OWMP.
rosetta

owjackson

Post by owjackson » Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:59 am

Very Good! The recording turned out good!

Return to “Our recordings of Francisco Tárrega”