Tárrega, Francisco - Capricho Árabe, Serenata - D08

Audio and video recordings of the works of Francisco Tárrega.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Tárrega, Francisco - Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Tárrega, Francisco - Lágrima - D05 Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
kwinto

Post by kwinto » Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:59 pm

what can i say except it was wonderful! thank you v much!

kalsar

Post by kalsar » Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:59 pm

hello jamie
I just enter on this english forum, and I wanted to hear your interpretation of this capricho... cause this is the score I am studying, and cause I love tarrega.
It's simply wonderfull, and I appreciated the "rubato" you employ in the different quick part of the score. Excellent lesson for me :okok: ....
Sorry for my bad english, I am french ; morover, I come from the french forum.... great forum
numerous :applauso:

Golf4food

No Fla in the House

Post by Golf4food » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:59 pm

Neoclasiccl wrote:
Jamie wrote:where in north florida are you? i need some people to share ideas with dude! I dont know anyone in gainesville who plays classical guitar, a bunch of rockers, thats it!
I am in Jacksonville man just a few min away from Gainsville 8) I don't know anyone here that plays classical either. I have a few students that I am teaching elec but they all wonder why I am so focused on classical now. My Jackson SL1 and Ibanez 7 string have been collecting dust during my practice sessions lately :D
Jamie and Neoclassiccl:

I just joined today and am also from Jacksonville. I also know at least one other classical guitarist in Jax who is learning (like myself). So that makes four of us! We will soon take over! :wink:

I have a music degree, but not in guitar. I'm a 15 year horn player but have only taken up guitar in the past 6 months after a lifelong love afair for classical guitar that I just could not avoid!

I've also been looking around for a teacher to make sure I get the basics of technique down before I ruin myself... :? Any suggestions?

chikar

Post by chikar » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:46 pm

oh my good, I am already atached with this song and your interpretation! Something extremly beautiful.I looooooove this song!
Thank you very much!

Lenni

Post by Lenni » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:54 am

Hi Jamie,

wonderful, professional played, great :merci:

guitarist

great playing

Post by guitarist » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:26 pm

Way to go Jamie
I love this piece, I've been playing it for a couple of weeks and it's starting to sound pretty OK to me ... :)
I wonder how much it took you to learn this piece entirely ...

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:21 am

I remember annoying my ex flatmates with this piece for probably a solid month. It was funny, they could hum the whole melody by the time i finished, although i couldnt recognise it when they did it cos i always had the background parts in my head too... until they starting humming the fast bit at the end of the first main section. So anyway, about a month I would say.

nylonthanh

Post by nylonthanh » Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:16 pm

Very well played! This pieces is becoming one of my favorites! How long did it take you to get this piece sounding so great? 20 years? :) I know that's how long it would take me! :lol:

guitarist

Post by guitarist » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:51 pm

oh that's good
I've started playing it for two weeks
and I think it should be ready in a couple of weeks :D
although I don't have that much time practicing because all the homework from school and the approaching exams
anyway, I'll try and post it as soon as it's bearable to listen to :D

Serge

Post by Serge » Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:01 pm

:bravo:

Congratulations Jamie,

Excuse me formy bad english, but I'm from the french Forum.

I really enjoy when you play the Capriccio arab from Tarrega, and Cathedral , and all the others !

But I see that, in your sig that you have two guitars, one Antonio Raya Pardo and one Amalio Burguet model "Noguera.

I had a Amalio Burguet -Noguera too...but I've just sold it :cry: :cry: :cry: to buy another guitar from a french Luthier Antoine PAPPALARDO.

But, among the MP3 you play on the forum, could you tell me if among them, there are some played with the Amalio Burguet Guitar.

You play so well, taht I would like to know what it was possible for me to do with...but that I was not able to.... :?

Just to have more regrets.... :cry:

tenn

Post by tenn » Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:53 pm

Jamie, that was really beauitiful. Thank you for sharing it.

Thomas

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:50 am

I think all the recordings i did are with the Burguet, simply because it is alot easier to play than my Pardo. The action is alot lower, although it is not nearly as loud. A bit of wizadry with a program like Cool Edit (and a decent mic) usually can make any guitar sound good.

guitarist

Post by guitarist » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:01 am

what exactly is a rubato ?
I read this term so often on this forum, and I have no idea what it is ...
help !!

Serge

Post by Serge » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:30 pm

Thanks a lot, Jamie for your anwer.

I 'm very glad de see what I could have obtained with hard work...

And I'm happy to know (even if I was sure before) that the person who has bought mine, will not regret to have bought it .

Just by curiosity, could you tell me what kind of strings, are you using for your two guitars ?

Because, I've done a lot of try and the last strings I've put, were D'ADDARIO EJ45, because I found the sound sweet with.

krani

Post by krani » Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:46 pm

nice, well done

Return to “Our recordings of Francisco Tárrega”