Tárrega, Francisco - Lágrima - D05

Audio and video recordings of the works of Francisco Tárrega.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Tárrega, Francisco - Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Tárrega, Francisco - Lágrima - D05 Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Nicolo

Tárrega, Francisco - Lágrima - D05

Post by Nicolo » Wed May 10, 2006 3:34 am

Here is my recording of Lagrima. I often tend to play a rather moody style of guitar. I have been accused of making even happy songs sound depressing. To me, this piece seems to have been written to be moody so this one of my favorites.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

christopher berger

Post by christopher berger » Wed May 10, 2006 4:07 am

Nice Nicolo! :okok: Great feeling in your playing and really well performed. It is a moody one, I like that sort of thing myself! One thing I noticed, check out measure 13 again, I think I heard a note that was off during that ascending phrase, I think you played a G#, but it should be a G natural. Still, it was gorgeous!

Thanks!

CB

hav

Post by hav » Wed May 10, 2006 4:38 am

Nice Nicolo! :okok: and GREAT tome - very nicely done. I won't repeat CB's note but it's true. The exaggerated opening in section 2 was neat but I'm not sure it's a good fit in the overall phrasing?? -- but still - nicely done.

"Lagrima" == "tears" (or "tear") - it IS a sad song for sure -- we have debated whether it was to represent the tears of a young girl - or his own homesickness and frustration with being ill --- just a very little googling will help you gain some insight into the piece - and a little searching here in the forums will yield a LOT of discussions about the character of the piece -- you did well, though, as do many of us, I think it's a weee bit too fast -- and, with the nice clean tone you have, I REALLY think if you nailed the tempo it would be just outSTANDING!!

Thanks for joining in the OWMP effort with this terrific addition!!

Nicolo

Post by Nicolo » Wed May 10, 2006 4:41 am

christopher berger wrote:Nice Nicolo! :okok: Great feeling in your playing and really well performed. It is a moody one, I like that sort of thing myself! One thing I noticed, check out measure 13 again, I think I heard a note that was off during that ascending phrase, I think you played a G#, but it should be a G natural. Still, it was gorgeous!

Thanks!

CB
Your right, I did sharp the G. How embarrassing! I’ll try to re-record it this weekend. Thanks, I don't know how I didn't catch that.

Abd El Ghani AZZI

Post by Abd El Ghani AZZI » Wed May 10, 2006 6:45 am

:D
Nicolo wrote: ... I did sharp the G. How embarrassing! ...
Let's be honnest! hey! Who hasen't - during the learing of this piece, made exactly the same "mistake"? I, still do after a long time not playing it :oops:
I have to admit dear Nicilo, that you put so much heart in it, that what I actually percieved is not a mistake, but rather another athmosphere to Lagrima...
As my fellow musician have said, the piece has much to say, and needs to have its phrases well distingushed from one another - It's a tempo play.
Thanks for sharing.
:D

Michael

Post by Michael » Thu May 11, 2006 11:53 am

Nicolo... That was deliciously moody and I really enjoyed it!

The guitar sounded so sad! How did you do that?? :cry:

Very nice. :merci:

Nicolo

Post by Nicolo » Tue May 16, 2006 2:05 am

Thanks for the feedback. I have corrected the G# mistakes and tightened up the opening of the second section. Hopefully I'll find enough time to re-record it soon.

btb

Post by btb » Thu May 18, 2006 3:38 am

Sounds great to me :casque:

Thanks!

Gorobete

Post by Gorobete » Sun May 21, 2006 8:04 pm

hav wrote:
"Lagrima" == "tears" (or "tear") - it IS a sad song for sure -- we have debated whether it was to represent the tears of a young girl - or his own homesickness and frustration with being ill --- just a very little googling will help you gain some insight into the piece - and a little searching here in the forums will yield a LOT of discussions about the character of the piece -- you did well, though, as do many of us, I think it's a weee bit too fast -- and, with the nice clean tone you have, I REALLY think if you nailed the tempo it would be just outSTANDING!!

Thanks for joining in the OWMP effort with this terrific addition!!
Hav, you have right off course, but I think I can hear tears here. You know they are many types of cry and this one just could be a happiness cry :) .

Nicolo you have a very good tone! And I cannot hear the string noise. This is really very good! Your version seems to be a little different than the score I have... or you just forgot to read some becars in clef...
Anyway this is a good recording.

Thank you for posting here!

Return to “Our recordings of Francisco Tárrega”