Tárrega, Francisco - Lágrima - D05

Audio and video recordings of the works of Francisco Tárrega.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Tárrega, Francisco - Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Tárrega, Francisco - Lágrima - D05 Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Guitar Slim

Tárrega, Francisco - Lágrima - D05

Post by Guitar Slim » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:49 am

Just what this forum needed: another recording of Lagrima!

On Alan Green's excellent posting of Lagrima, we were discussing the variety of tempo markings this piece has been published under over the years. So last night I dragged it out of memory and played through it for my father in law who is visiting. As it happens, he just loves this piece and insisted that I include it on a promised CD of some of my recordings. So, I figured as long as I was recording it, I'd post it here.

I won't tell you how many tries it took to get a take that was usable. As it is there's way too much string noise, I flub the descending thirds at the beginning of the Em section, and there certainly other flaws. I beg your indulgence and I hope you enjoy it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Guitar Slim on Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pima

Post by pima » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:26 am

Thanks Guitar Slim,

This really is beautifully played and recorded at engineer quality!!!
I enjoyed it very much..

Brett

mike_hudson

Post by mike_hudson » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:50 am

Hey Chris ~ this is terrific ! I really enjoyed. Flubs you say ? To me they would be "features" - this piece 'ain't got no bugs' LOL :grire: It will sure make me look at my own playing of this piece differently - I love the tempo ! Thanks for posting this one.

:merci: :casque:

hav

Post by hav » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:14 pm

that's terrific GS! :okok: you ol' drunken sailor you :grire: I prefer it this way as well!! thanks!!

lougau

Post by lougau » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:33 pm

I have been pratising this piece for several months now but your interpretation has given me some ideas I'd like to try. I love the way you slow down to accent those notes in the 9th and 7th positions in the E major part of the song and much more. Thanks and please keep sharing your recordings on the forum. This is among the best I've heard here.

btb

Post by btb » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:23 am

Sounds great! :casque: I like your phrasing and the sound was very pleasing.

Flubs? I didn't hear any...

owl

Post by owl » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:36 am

Hello Chris... another great rendition of this old favourite :flowers:
I don't know that we could have too many versions of Lagrima... they are all good to listen to and this is no exception :casque:
The tempo sounded about right to me... I play it a little slower but not much... we sound almost identical lol :lol:
:merci: for posting this great piece

Joy in the music
Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

charlesivey

Post by charlesivey » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:42 am

Oh my... absolutely beautiful. Great full sound, expressive tempo - everything to like. Thanks.
CI

"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler" A. Einstein

Return to “Our recordings of Francisco Tárrega”