Tárrega, Francisco - Maria, Gavota - D07

Audio and video recordings of the works of Francisco Tárrega.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Tárrega, Francisco - Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Tárrega, Francisco - Lágrima - D05 Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Amadis

Tárrega, Francisco - Maria, Gavota - D07

Post by Amadis » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:06 am

Ok, this is my first post. I've played it better but here it is.

The file is 10 minutes long, the song is not. Im using audio terminator to convert the raw PCMs and ive never done it before so, sorry about that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:41 am

Thank you for posting this lovely piece of music, I'm glad I had the chance to hear it. I think you did a great job and have generated a powerful version, the tone is bright and I like the emphasis and interest you have brought to the various sections of the piece. Wish I could play it! Best regards, V.

mike_hudson

Post by mike_hudson » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:15 pm

:bravo: :applauso: :applauso: :bravo: I loved this Amadis ! I listened to it twice and then saved to my HD - it will get many plays here at my home ! I followed along with the score as I was listening, and it inspires me to try to learn it. Im not there technically yet , but pieces like this will keep me at it.

Amadis

Post by Amadis » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:17 am

I was kind of unsure about the recording until I listened to it again today and read your comments. I got big ego boost out of that, thanks!

mkatsimpris

Post by mkatsimpris » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:20 am

This is the best interpretation i have ever heard :!:

billv

Post by billv » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:23 pm

brilliant! wish i could do it.

as far as recording/editing software, the following is the best free download program around. i record on a fostex MR8 and mix everything (raw tracks) using this program. you can even import stereo .wav files if you want to edit them.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

you can cut, paste, remove noise, everything. the effects are a little cheesy, but who needs them? it is a very stable program. i notice they have a beta version, but i have not tried it.

Amadis

Post by Amadis » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:58 pm

thanks, I knew about audacity, but figured It was a crappy trial deal or something.

I was using Cubasis VST with my old soundcard before a guitar string floating around the room got caught in the preamp and fried one of inputs on it and the 1/4" inputs on the soundcard.

now I'm using a half-fried dual preamp that smokes when you leave it on too long connected to a battery amplifier connected through the headphone jack to my crappy onboard soundcard. I blew my budget on the guitar, I have no regrets.

I think I might try Audacity, now.

billv

Post by billv » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:53 pm

not a trial, no it is just free. also, there are no annoying popups asking you to buy something. it is really the best no strings freeware mixing program out there. at a minimum, it would allow you to import your tracks and cut off the beginning and end.

good luck. now i gotta go practice, 'cause i don't sound like you...

Return to “Our recordings of Francisco Tárrega”