Artificial Nails - When to Change Them

Nail care, nail problems, and the use of nails in playing the classical guitar.
essiecab

Artificial Nails - When to Change Them

Post by essiecab » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:02 am

I've got my first set of Guitar Player Nails on. They are the Type 1 pre-formed nail, and I added a layer of wrap over them. This is the first time I've put fake nails on, and overall I'm happy with them so far. Since I'm new to all of this, they look pretty bad, but I thought they sounded good and the process wasn't all that hard.

So, it's been a couple of weeks, and since I've had to file them every couple days or so, the fake nails are now at the point where they are meeting the natural nail as it grows out. Is this the point where I would remove the fake nail and start over? Or do I just file under them?

It's hard to file under them now that they're thick with the fake/natural sandwich, and I have noticed that my nails are sounding scratchy, so I'm guessing now is the time to change them out, but I wondered what others do.

Dofpic

Re: Artificial Nails - When to Change Them

Post by Dofpic » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:38 am

Yes time to redo and shorten your natural nails again.
2006 Greg Byers(fan)2009 Eric Monrad(maple) 2018 Simon Ambridge Model 40 Satinwood. 2003 Tacchi Simplcio satinwood 2017 E. Bottelli 52 Hauser, 2002 Jeff Elliott spruce, 2017 Richard Reynoso, spruce/maple, 2015 Herman Hauser III(Cedar)2005 Tacchi Coclea

Return to “Use of nails in playing the classical guitar”