Fingerpicks

Nail care, nail problems, and the use of nails in playing the classical guitar.
bauersachs82

Re: Fingerpicks

Post by bauersachs82 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:22 pm

I found the Alaska picks very uncomfortable. Also, you need to have a bit of nail anyway for them to work properly and I found that was enough nail for me to play with.

armando

Post by armando » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:15 am

Thomas Drummond wrote:
Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:53 pm
Long story short, it sounds great but theres a "click click click" at the start of each note you cant miss.

it can be done... but.... click click.
I thought that sounded quite good, the clicking didn't bother me. I listened to a couple of your clips with the picks and liked just how clear the tone was.....I think the clicking is a small price to pay for that tone. Have you heard of Jacques Stotzem? he plays exclusively with dunlop plastic fingerpicks....have a listen to him.

fast eddie

Post by fast eddie » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:39 am

I am having a really hard time getting nails to grow. They do grow, but slowly. My thumb nail has not grown enough to use on guitar strings for 8 months. In the interim I have tried Alaska Picks and other picks but could never get them to work. My last experiment is with RICO nails which work fairly well. I have attained some skill in attaching and removing these and they are my best option so far.
Fast Eddie
Cordoba C 10 Spruce
Cordoba C 10 Cedar
1974 Hernandis

beeswax

Post by beeswax » Tue May 29, 2018 3:21 pm

I have a similar question but slightly different. I'm not sure if it's worth it's own thread or posting here is okay.
Basically, I am wondering if there is any option if I don't want to grow and maintain fingernails? I simply get skived out looking at my nails when they're long. And they get in the way of daily tasks like typing, etc. I've seen the acrylic nails, but they seem a pain to put on and off. When in the Banjo shop the other day I saw metal nails that clamp onto the finger and you can remove easily when done. I forget what they were called so I can't look them up, but if anyone knows what I'm talking about, would these work? Is there any product that you can easily put on and off while playing?

Return to “Use of nails in playing the classical guitar”