Sor, Fernando - op.60/01 Lesson - D01 Video

Audio and video recordings of the works of Fernando Sor.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Sor, Fernando - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Sor, Fernando - op.34 L'Encouragement - D08 Duo Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
User avatar
Ken Kim
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:27 pm
Location: Schererville, IN

Re: Sor, Fernando - op.60/01 Lesson - D01 Video

Post by Ken Kim » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:35 pm

Christopher Langley wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:14 am

Annnd... Nearly 3 months later, ladies and gentlemen, we have alternation!
What a clean performance with all the dampings it is!
You are definitely not 9 months behind me. I watched how I did this again and your playing is way better than my submission. I also watched Leccion 1 of D01-5th lesson and you nailed it. I had a very hard time doing thumb damping at first. I'm very satisfied with Delcamp lesson. I hope you are too.
Keep up the good work, Chris.
Ken
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Robert England Hauser
Amalio Burguet Especial
Cordoba Master Series Rodriguez
Cordoba Master Series Torres

User avatar
Christopher Langley
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 991
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:59 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: Sor, Fernando - op.60/01 Lesson - D01 Video

Post by Christopher Langley » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:47 pm

Ken Kim wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:35 pm
Christopher Langley wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:14 am

Annnd... Nearly 3 months later, ladies and gentlemen, we have alternation!
What a clean performance with all the dampings it is!
You are definitely not 9 months behind me. I watched how I did this again and your playing is way better than my submission. I also watched Leccion 1 of D01-5th lesson and you nailed it. I had a very hard time doing thumb damping at first. I'm very satisfied with Delcamp lesson. I hope you are too.
Keep up the good work, Chris.
Thanks Ken,

Your kind comments really mean a lot to me! I do put a lot of work into getting nice sounding recordings. It's really nice someone notices!

I like the Delcamp lessons a lot too! Working on the Carcassi piece now.

I really enjoy checking out your recordings too! You have made incredible progress yourself Ken. I was here when you first joined!
Why is the bed never made?

RobMacKillop
Posts: 3720
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:24 pm
Location: Edinburgh

Re: Sor, Fernando - op.60/01 Lesson - D01 Video

Post by RobMacKillop » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:48 pm

Well done, sir. An improvement, for sure.

User avatar
Christopher Langley
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 991
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:59 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: Sor, Fernando - op.60/01 Lesson - D01 Video

Post by Christopher Langley » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:51 pm

RobMacKillop wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:48 pm
Well done, sir. An improvement, for sure.
Appreciate it Rob. :)

I was hoping you would chime in buddy.

If you see anything I need to further work on please do say so.
Why is the bed never made?

RobMacKillop
Posts: 3720
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:24 pm
Location: Edinburgh

Re: Sor, Fernando - op.60/01 Lesson - D01 Video

Post by RobMacKillop » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:16 pm

Well, everything. But that goes for all of us. I think your left hand could be tamed a little. There seems to be too much movement going on. Try minimising that as much as possible, while remaining relaxed- not easy to do. Keep up the good work!

User avatar
Christopher Langley
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 991
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:59 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: Sor, Fernando - op.60/01 Lesson - D01 Video

Post by Christopher Langley » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:51 pm

RobMacKillop wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:16 pm
Well, everything. But that goes for all of us. I think your left hand could be tamed a little. There seems to be too much movement going on. Try minimising that as much as possible, while remaining relaxed- not easy to do. Keep up the good work!
Noted!

:merci:
Why is the bed never made?

Return to “Our recordings of Fernando Sor”