Research and primary sources subforum

Primary sources of music for Classical Guitar and related instruments, research studies, biographies, links, etc.
GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Research and primary sources subforum

Post by GeoffB » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:39 am

This subforum has been created in response to a user suggestion, as a place for the posting and discussion of research into reliable primary sources of music for classical guitar and related instruments. It may also be used for posting and compiling biographies of the composers concerned.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

prawnheed

Re: Research and primary sources subforum

Post by prawnheed » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:52 am

Wouldn't this be better on wikipedia? It has it's discussion mechanism and, unlike a pure discussion forum, has a method to summarise conclusions - the page.

sxedio

Post by sxedio » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:55 am

GeoffB wrote: ↑
Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:39 am
This subforum has been created in response to a user suggestion, as a place for the posting and discussion of research into reliable primary sources of music for classical guitar and related instruments. It may also be used for posting and compiling biographies of the composers concerned.

Geoff
Thanks Geoff, can you link to the user suggestion in question so that we get the context of this?
(Gr) (En) (very little Fr)

Stephen Kenyon
Teacher

Post by Stephen Kenyon » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:02 am

Super idea đź‘Ť
Simon Ambridge Series 40 (2005)
Trevor Semple Series 88 (1992)
Louis Panormo (1838)
Alexander Batov Baroque Guitar (2013)
Simon Ambridge 'Hauser' (2018)

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:02 pm

prawnheed wrote: ↑
Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:52 am
Wouldn't this be better on wikipedia? It has it's discussion mechanism and, unlike a pure discussion forum, has a method to summarise conclusions - the page.
Fair point, but I don't know how many members would take part in discussions there, and we welcome any interesting material this new section may encourage.
sxedio wrote: ↑
Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:55 am
Thanks Geoff, can you link to the user suggestion in question so that we get the context of this?
The suggestion was made in private to Mr. Delcamp by a member who is a retired musicologist, so things should become clearer in due course. I'll be moving other relevant threads here as I come across them.
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

VasquezBob

Post by VasquezBob » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:43 am

Is there a list somewhere of "reliable primary sources" of music related to classical guitar? Possibly an annotated list so that one can focus their research?

soltirefa

Post by soltirefa » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:43 am

I think creating more and more subforums makes the forum looked cluttered. I submit that the forum should be just one single, undivided forum. Everything gets posted to the same place.

I'm going to guess this won't be a popular idea.

Return to “Research and primary sources”