D02 Classical guitar lesson 05

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, VidΓ©os, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Judy Verbeeten
Student of the online lessons

Re: D02 Classical guitar lesson 05

Post by Judy Verbeeten » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:23 pm

Mike Cook wrote: ↑
Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:38 pm
They actually sound better in person. LOL.
Mike, nice change in tone throughout the musical pieces.

Judy

Mike Cook

Post by Mike Cook » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:26 pm

Mike, nice change in tone throughout the musical pieces.

Judy
[/quote]

Thanks Judy.
2019 Elias Monet Bonne Traditional Cedar/Green Ebony
2017 Cordoba 20th Anniversary Guitar
1993 Jose Ramirez R2
2008 Eric Johnson Signature Strat
2013 Gibson Songwriter Deluxe EC Studio

Mike Cook

Post by Mike Cook » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:18 am

I worked on Danse Polonaise this weekend. It's not quite ready for prime time, but I have a decent start. It is a nice practice piece. I've been playing guitar so much, my LH fingertips are numb! Looking forward to lesson 6.

1993 Jose Ramirez R2

Ken Kim

Post by Ken Kim » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:05 am

Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:18 am
I worked on Danse Polonaise this weekend. It's not quite ready for prime time, but I have a decent start. It is a nice practice piece. I've been playing guitar so much, my LH fingertips are numb! Looking forward to lesson 6.
Great playing, Mike.

This piece was most hard for me to learn than Malaguena and Soleares; I hate dance and waltz :( .
Your flow (legato) is quite enjoyable with slow tempo. Guitar sound amazing with warm sustain! Finally, you have right recording setup.

Fingerings were a bit harder for me when I started practicing this. You did seemless. After I've played it fast enough, my pinky had a better strength and control.
I think you need to start working on Slurs (both pull-off and hammering) much. Lots of slurs coming ahead in D03 and D04. I believe you will learn trill in D03 6th lesson.

Check out on French, Italian, and Spanish forum also on D02 students. I had a fun watching their submissions.

Don't miss your daily practice and enjoy playing :guitare:
Ken
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Robert England Hauser
Amalio Burguet Especial
Cordoba Master Series Rodriguez
Cordoba Master Series Torres

Judy Verbeeten

Post by Judy Verbeeten » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:33 pm

Ken Kim wrote: ↑
Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:05 am

Check out on French, Italian, and Spanish forum also on D02 students. I had a fun watching their submissions.
Ken, I have the link to the Spanish board, and I agree that watching other students' submissions is always helpful. But I am having trouble finding the link to the Italian board and the French board. Could you be so kind as to send the link to those two boards. I am surprised it has been so difficult to find. Not sure if there is a listing of the different language boards somewhere, but I sure have not been able to find it.

Thanks, Judy.

Judy Verbeeten

Post by Judy Verbeeten » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:36 pm

Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:18 am
Mike, I agree with Ken, great playing. Notably, on this last video, your audio was a lot better than some of the other videos. Perhaps you moved the mic a little further away from your guitar, so the sound was less sharp. Well done.

Judy.

Ken Kim

Post by Ken Kim » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:09 pm

Judy Verbeeten wrote: ↑
Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:33 pm

Ken, I have the link to the Spanish board, and I agree that watching other students' submissions is always helpful. But I am having trouble finding the link to the Italian board and the French board. Could you be so kind as to send the link to those two boards. I am surprised it has been so difficult to find. Not sure if there is a listing of the different language boards somewhere, but I sure have not been able to find it.

Thanks, Judy.
Not a problem, Judy.

There are links in very tiny letter right under Board Index button.
I added it here too.
French students are very active specially for D02. I think you have to register to listen some of their submissions unless it is YouTube video.

https://www.guitareclassiquedelcamp.com/index.php - French Board

https://www.chitarraclassicadelcamp.com ... 64c7be8b9b - Italian Board

Cheers,
Ken
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Robert England Hauser
Amalio Burguet Especial

Judy Verbeeten

Post by Judy Verbeeten » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:54 pm

Ken Kim wrote: ↑
Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:09 pm

There are links in very tiny letter right under Board Index button.

Cheers,
Thanks Ken. Oh my, yes I see it now in the upper left corner. Ken, you are right. The activity varies significantly between the different language boards with respect to the different levels. Thanks again.

Judy

Mike Cook

Post by Mike Cook » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:47 pm

Mike, I agree with Ken, great playing. Notably, on this last video, your audio was a lot better than some of the other videos. Perhaps you moved the mic a little further away from your guitar, so the sound was less sharp. Well done.

Thank you for your nice comments. I discovery that my audio problems were associated with my camera settings. I actually moved the mic closer (you can see it in the this recording) to the guitar and adjusted the camera sensitivity much lower than the past. I'm so glad I finally figured out the issue. Hopefully the audio will be much better going forward.

Mike - the artist previously known as Charles. LOL!!
1993 Jose Ramirez R2

Tom Wimsatt

Post by Tom Wimsatt » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:19 pm

Deleted
1989 Takamine C132S, Savarez Corum.500 ARJ strings

Linda Kimbrel

Post by Linda Kimbrel » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:59 am

Ken Kim

Post by Ken Kim » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:33 am

Linda Kimbrel wrote: ↑
Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:59 am
A little late, here are my submissions for Lesson 5.
Hi, Linda.
It isn't late at all. Take your time to master it.
You can play fairly well with free stroke. I like it!
You are catching up on us. :discussion:

My observation on your submissions.
Scale of C major : You did fine with free stroke, although Maestro Delcamp did it in rest stroke. I also practice scales in rest stroke mostly with metronome.
ANDANTE AFFETTUOSO and ALLEGRETTO NΒ°2 opus 44:
IMO, you could play much better if you played slower with steady tempo.I did Andante much slower than yours. I really didn't play in tempo either. It was too robotic for my taste. You just need to work on connecting between each phrase. You could practice a cut-off spot to connect between 2 measures.
One more thing, Your tone production is a bit scratchy and too light sometimes. Can you put your mic in front of bridge next time? It will help you record with more Bass and Softer treble.

Glad to see you catching up on lessons. Look forward to seeing your submissions for lesson 06. :bravo:
Ken
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Robert England Hauser
Amalio Burguet Especial

Linda Kimbrel

Post by Linda Kimbrel » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:42 pm

Ken, thank you. I do rush my tempo, I always have had that tendency and I don’t understand why I find it so difficult to keep an easy pace. It’s another poor habit that a good teacher would not have let me fall into, I’m sure. I’m working on it, so please keep after me whenever necessary. I have a metronome which I’m still working on using, it helps me slow my tempo but it throws my timing off too easily. I never have gotten along with metronomes very well. But its getting easier. Anyway, I have concentrated on breathing and evenness and slowing my tempo with for lesson 6.

For the tinny brittle sound, I’m stuck with that for now. I don’t have a recorder or a microphone that I can adjust to improve the tone. I use my iPhone to record my submissions, and while the camera’s image quality is excellent, the sound reproduction is not the best. The tone is much better than what you have to listen to in the videos, I promise. I wish I had a better setup, I hope I can fix that before we start Level 03.

Return to β€œOn-line classical guitar lessons”