Changing bitrate and sample rate on existing cubase project

Creating a home studio for recording the classical guitar. Equipment, software and recording techniques. Amplification for live performance.
Arash Ahmadi

Changing bitrate and sample rate on existing cubase project

Post by Arash Ahmadi » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:14 pm

Cubase usually asks whether changing the bitrate and sample rate to 16 and 44.100 once you drop an audio file. I didn't tick them... :? The project is almost finished now but I need to change it to 16/44.100. How can I do that?
Becoming a great musician is about becoming a great human being.

Arash Ahmadi

Re: Changing bitrate and sample rate on existing cubase project

Post by Arash Ahmadi » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:43 am

Found the way! Here's how, in case anybody else is wondering:

In the upper bar, one can see the bit-rate. Once you click on that a window opens where bit-rate and sample rate can be changed. For me it showed the desired bit-rate but was actually something else... So I had to convert it to 48 first and then convert it to 41 again. That was the trick!

PeteJ

Post by PeteJ » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:56 pm

I'm not sure what you mean here. The project settings never need to change and you can bounce files at any spec you like, dithering as appropriate. By 'drop' do you mean 'bounce'.

Arash Ahmadi

Post by Arash Ahmadi » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:04 pm

PeteJ wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:56 pm
I'm not sure what you mean here. The project settings never need to change and you can bounce files at any spec you like, dithering as appropriate. By 'drop' do you mean 'bounce'.
By drop I mean insert but I don't know what you mean by bounce... are we talking cubase?

PeteJ

Post by PeteJ » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:43 am

Arash Ahmadi wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:04 pm
By drop I mean insert but I don't know what you mean by bounce... are we talking cubase?
I wasn't sure whether you meant the bitrate of the project or of the mix (bounce). It's very unusual to change the project bitrate for a work in progress and rather dangerous, but necessary to do so for the mix. The mix can be bounced at whatever specs you want. Do you mean bit and sample rate of the project or of the mix?

Wuuthrad

Post by Wuuthrad » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:57 am

I think the original question was regarding how to insert audio into an existing project, and needing to match the rates, but not about the bouncing or mix down stage.
"Pay no attention to what the critics say. A statue has never been erected in honor of a critic." -Jean Sibelius

PeteJ

Post by PeteJ » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:47 pm

Oh okay. Usually I'd let the system convert the audio insert to the project rather than the other way around.

Arash Ahmadi

Post by Arash Ahmadi » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:10 pm

Wuuthrad wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:57 am
I think the original question was regarding how to insert audio into an existing project, and needing to match the rates, but not about the bouncing or mix down stage.
Right :)

Return to “Classical guitar recording and amplification”