Videos of lesser known pieces and Transcriptions

When you give a link to a video, post your message in this forum, give your post a title following this example: [YouTube] Paganini; Capricho nº 24.
ChristianSchwengeler
Luthier

Re: Videos of lesser known pieces and Transcriptions

Post by ChristianSchwengeler » Mon May 20, 2019 9:46 am

Marshall Dixon wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 1:46 pm

I love it, beautifull composition and very good performance on a very good instrument too! And indeed lesser known :D

Marshall Dixon

Post by Marshall Dixon » Mon May 20, 2019 8:39 pm

ChristianSchwengeler wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 9:46 am

I love it, beautifull composition and very good performance on a very good instrument too! And indeed lesser known :D
This terrific guitarist has many more recitals posted.
The guitar was made by Sergey Sergeev of St. Petersburg.

ChristianSchwengeler
Luthier

Post by ChristianSchwengeler » Tue May 21, 2019 7:44 pm

Marshall Dixon wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 8:39 pm
Mon May 20, 2019 9:46 am

This terrific guitarist has many more recitals posted.
The guitar was made by Sergey Sergeev of St. Petersburg.

Thank you Marshall for sharing this , I have listened to some of the other videos and I am really enchanted!

Marshall Dixon

Post by Marshall Dixon » Sat May 25, 2019 3:16 am

I think this is OK to post.
An original composition "Prelude in G minor" by Juan Calderon the performer and from his own channel.

Marshall Dixon

Post by Marshall Dixon » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:47 pm

Marshall Dixon wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:53 pm
Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:40 am
As nobody does reply my vengance will be terrible :mrgreen:
My sister plays the accordian. I am not fazed by your vengeance. :D
girl with braces.jpg
:chaud:

After seeing this picture of your girl with braces I had to rethink my remark about your vengance! If I were a conspiracy theorist I could imagine that your absence from this thread means you're working on something terrible indeed. Something innovative, thorough and... medieval! :shock:

In my last posting I worry that maybe the recorded sound in the laundromat wasn't clean enough. So here is a another original composition from Juan Calderon.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ChristianSchwengeler
Luthier

Post by ChristianSchwengeler » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:33 pm

Marshall Dixon wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:47 pm
Marshall Dixon wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:53 pm
Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:40 am
As nobody does reply my vengance will be terrible :mrgreen:
My sister plays the accordian. I am not fazed by your vengeance. :D
girl with braces.jpg :chaud:

After seeing this picture of your girl with braces I had to rethink my remark about your vengance! If I were a conspiracy theorist I could imagine that your absence from this thread means you're working on something terrible indeed. Something innovative, thorough and... medieval! :shock:

In my last posting I worry that maybe the recorded sound in the laundromat wasn't clean enough. So here is a another original composition from Juan Calderon.

Hi ! very nice composition, performance and recording. I am sorry that I havent posted for a longer period now. I have been very busy with other subjects than guitars, like dentist,taxes, condos, family properites and other issues which needed my attention, and I also still run another business besides building guitars. I have in fact a project for a prototype but I had no oportunity to work on it. You are a luthier too, if I remember right. What are you building actually?

Marshall Dixon

Post by Marshall Dixon » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:22 am

Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:33 pm

. What are you building actually?
OK. Glad you're not up to anything sinester. :D

I moved about a year ago. Had to renovate a little house from the floor to ceiling. About 2 years ago I got into a conversation with another member here who was building a Russian 7 string guitar. I had never heard any of that repertoire and I love it. I decided to build one and got the body done and the neck ready to put together last June. It will be #28. At the same time I started #27 based on the design of Jacobi, you know, where the fan is reversed. I figure since I'm a bass ackward kind of guy this might work out better. :) I broke the luthier code though. Am making several changes at once: double sides, different brace patterns and making the taper of the body narrower at the tail, which idea I got from Arthur Overholtzer.

I've been talking to another member @goinbaroke about his first build and reviewing the Cumpiano & Natalson book. It has been a great motivator for me, so I started #29 using their method and getting organized in a hands on way.

Also its fire season and we live in the forest. I've been clearing dead wood debree seems like forever. I recall some bad fires in Portugal last year. We've been threatened every year for the last five years and the smoke has caused us to evacuate four times.

Your thread here has given me great pleasure. Discovering new things. Especially the accordian! This one is still copyright I believe. I listened to 4 or 5 versions of this and though other versions were played with more flourish, this is my favorite.

Accordian lovers only! Look up:
La foule d'Edith Piaf a l'accordian - Cassandra Bosserie

Return to “Our favourite websites”