Greetings from San Francisco

RBrush

Greetings from San Francisco

Post by RBrush » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:21 pm

Hello everybody,

My name is Richard Brush and I live in the town of Los Altos, California, which is located about 35 miles (55 km) south of San Francisco. It is actually between Stanford University and San Jose, California in the "Silicon Valley" area.

I began studying classical guitar when I was 15 and continued serious study for several decades. I stopped playing some years ago because of time limitations due to my work as an electrical engineer, social relationships, and some medical issues I was experiencing. I am now retired and have more time on my hands, so my interest in guitar has rekindled.

I am interested in classical guitar music of all eras and styles, including Europe and Latin America, as well as Baroque and Classical music in general.

When I was much younger, before the Internet was around and there were fewer places where classical guitar was accepted as a serious instrument of study, it was much harder to find suitable printed music and recordings, to help one progress. Now the situation is much improved, but it can still take some "digging" to find certain pieces of music. Several times I have been impressed by the collective knowledge of the members of this forum as I have searched for some piece of music.
I hope I may be able to contribute some knowledge of my own to others.

simonm

Re: Greetings from San Francisco

Post by simonm » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:28 pm

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. We shall look forward to your participation in our discussions.

To start, please have a look at our welcome page viewtopic.php?f=28&t=36537 for more information about the forum and its rules.

- Once you have posted a second message you will be able to access all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, all the members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and post your own scores and recordings.

- After 20 posts you may subscribe to the 020 usergroup with associated membership privileges including access to the higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library.

- You can put your location into your profile under your name on the right side of the page. Just click on your name and you will see an option to "edit profile" - click on that and you will see plenty of options including location.

Cheers,

Simon

Ginro

Re: Greetings from San Francisco

Post by Ginro » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:15 am

Welcome! hope you enjoy your stay

Return to “Introduce yourself”