Hello from Edmonton

reyemlrak

Hello from Edmonton

Post by reyemlrak » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:22 pm

Hello everyone. I have been playing guitar all my life, but I recently decided to take up classical. I am entirely self-taught with the exception of a few years of piano, where I learned music theory and how to read music. I like the romantic period so, at present, I am learning Tarrega's version of Chopin's Opus 28, #4, a Bach cello suite, and some bossanova jazz stuff.

It's good to be here:)
reyemlrak

simonm

Re: Hello from Edmonton

Post by simonm » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:26 pm

Hello reyemlrak,

Welcome to the forum.

- To get started please take a look at the new member info here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=36537

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We recommend that members put their location in their profile. This enables people answering questions to provide local information if appropriate. Click on your name, then "edit profile" and you will see the various options.

Cheers,

Simon

Michael Lazar
Luthier

Re: Hello from Edmonton

Post by Michael Lazar » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:57 pm

Hi Reyemirak and welcome to the forum. I'm from St. Albert which is next door to Edmonton (assuming you're from the Alberta Edmonton). We have a strong classical guitar society in Edmonton with two upcoming concerts remaining in our 2017/2018 season. The Bejing Guitar Duo will be here on Feb 9 and Fabio Zanon on March 16. I'm sure everyone on the forum would agree that these would be events worth attending. We will also be hosting several social events over the next few months wherein anyone interested will together for an evening of music and socializing. If you'd like more information please feel free to contact me. You can message me on the forum or google my web site which has an email contact link.

Return to “Introduce yourself”